TMS Subscription Manager does not work anymore!

Suddenly, when I try to log in with TMS Subscription Manager 2.1.0.8, I get this error message:

However, my Internet connection does work without problems from my browser. I also used TMS Subscription Manager 2.1.0.8 without problems a few days ago!

I restarted my Windows 10 and also tried to run TMSSubscriptionManager2.exe directly from File Explorer and as Administrator. But it did not help!

This has never happened before!

Windows update?
Antivirus update?
Fiddler log?
Test on other machine(s)?

1. Where can I download Subscription Manager, so I can test it on another machine?

2. Isn't it possible to download the product installers from the TMS website? (That was possible a few years ago).

3. How can I test Subscription Manager with Fiddler? I've never used that app before.

Now I have even added Subscription Manager to the Allowed Apps in the Windows Firewall:

Windows version:

Firewall rules:

I have also DISABLED the Windows firewall for a short time. But TMS Subscription Manager shows the same error message! So I assume this is not a firewall problem but a bug in TMS Subscription Manager.

I have finally found the Subscription Manager download link on my account page on the TMS website. But after having downloaded it, it shows the same error message: "Cannot connect to the Internet"!

Microsoft Antivirus updates:

1. TMS Subscription Manager can be downloaded from your "My Products" page on our website
  2. All product installers can also be downloaded from our website under "My Products"
  3. You can find all information about Fiddler here: Fiddler | Web Debugging Proxy and Troubleshooting Solutions

I have also turned OFF Microsoft Antivirus protection for a short time. But the error still persists:

This is the TMS Subscription Manager 2.1.0.8 TMSSubscriptionManager2.exe MD5 file hash:

6B54B586CDAE235D5A6FBD8804AA4208

Can anyone please check whether this is the correct MD5 hash?

Same Problem here,
Windows 10 Pro in a Virtualbox VM
all updates installed,
nothing in the Firewall or AV Event Logs

Fiddler shows
GET http://www.tmssoftware.net/public/TSM2/wupdate.inf HTTP/1.1
User-Agent: TWebUpdate
Host: www.tmssoftware.net
Pragma: no-cache

Response:
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Content-Type: application/octet-stream
Last-Modified: Thu, 04 Nov 2021 11:03:26 GMT
Accept-Ranges: bytes
ETag: "2b06d976bd1d71:0"
Server: Microsoft-IIS/8.5
X-Powered-By: ASP.NET
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2022 09:25:53 GMT
Content-Length: 388

[update]
newversion=2.1.0.8
localversion=TMSSubscriptionManager2.exe

[action]
query=TMS Subscription Manager v2.1.0.8 is available now. Auto update to newest version?

[files]
count=1

[file1]
url=http://www.tmssoftware.net/public/TSM2/TMSSubscriptionManager2.cab

[application]
appupdate=1
appname=TMSSubscriptionManager2.exe
appcomps=TMSSubscriptionManager2.cab

"Cannot connect to the Internet" is a USELESS error message. It does not tell the CAUSE of the error. It would be easy to name the cause of the error by naming:

1. WHERE the error occurred in the program flow
  2. WHAT exactly caused the error
    This information would be easy to get for a programmer. I wonder WHO wrote the program and the error management. I am not happy about the lacking support in getting this resolved.

An example: When a car stops running, it is meaningless to have an indicator on the dashboard that says, "The car is no longer running." There must be an indicator for the fuel level, the coolant temperature, for the oil level, and so on. These are all elementary things. A programmer should know that.

It is only till Microsoft recently caused a breaking issue related to root certificate handling on a small percentage of machines with Windows updates, that this problem popped up. Never in the 10 years before was this a real issue. Even now, the Microsoft error result codes returning from the wininet API tell little to nothing about this specific problem and weren't helpful for us either to analyze this case.

And it is never useful to use denigrating language in communication either.

See:

in particular:

Here is a 64bit version of TMS Subscription Manager:
http://www.tmssoftware.net/public/TMSSubscriptionManager2_64b.zip

Sorry, Bruno, I sincerely apologize. That was surely not meant as a denigrating language. I have the greatest respect for you!

1 Like

Thank you, Bruno. I will try it tomorrow.

This new version (MD5: 7AD17FC15FBEAC2A17F718EA31EAFE89) 2.1.0.10 works!
The non working version was 2.1.0.8 (MD5: 6B54B586CDAE235D5A6FBD8804AA4208)
Thank you Bruno for your support!

1 Like

Thank You,
the new .10 version is working

1 Like