TMS Subscription Manage Internet Access

Here:
At least TLS 1.1 must be active then it works as a non-admin.
As an admin it still fails.

And Now my Xdata connections aren't working on that virtual also.
I get error from login to Xdata server
Soon i'll toast that virtual (even tough I need it still about 6monts)

but webcopy still works.

That's an interesting error. I saw it many times with many customers with many servers when this happened to Let's Encrypt: DST Root CA X3 Expiration (September 2021) - Let's Encrypt.

Are you using the latest updates on the operating system you are using? Is there a chance you might have outdated/wrong/deprecated root certificates installed in your computer?

Are the cannot connect issues possibly related to the subscription manager being a 32 bit application?

In case you want to test, here is a 64bit version of TMS Subscription Manager:
http://www.tmssoftware.net/public/TMSSubscriptionManager2_64b.zip

It won't download. Reports potential security risk!

I have overriden it but has same problem.

Ok, I have resolved the issue. At least on my PC.

Check out the entries in the .reg file in the attached zip.
Protocols.zip (443 Bytes)

I take no responsibility if you run this.

This works with the 64 bit version of the subscription manager.

x64 version is running on my site (pc+vm) without any changes (admin + non-admin).

64 Bit is working here also. Still have to figure out what wrong with 32 bit, cause our app is 32.
@wlandgraf I had few missing root certifcates in that virtual, adding them didn't help.
I'll check later today my couple of months old backup of virtual and see how things work there.

64 bit version running ok on both PC's. Registry changes were only necessary on my main PC because I'd managed to screw up my settinge experimenting to be able to get the subscription manager working.

My over 7 months old existing backup of virtual machine on old laptop had no problems, it run 32 bit version of substcription manager with out any error.
also after installing all windows updates.

Here I have the same problem. Suggested solutions didn't help.
I'm on a VMware Workstation (latest version). TMS Subscription Manager worked fine, but I think around the time I installed the latest Windows Update (from one or two weeks ago) it stopped working. I can't see any other cause for it.
Maybe TMS Subscription Manager can be updated so it can bypass all the difficult stuff with root certificated and such. All other software on the VMware seem to be able to update as usual, so why not TMS Subscription Manager? Does it do some complicated stuff?

I think that use will lack benefits of TLS security if you bypass them. You would be vulrnable to man in middle attacks (as far as i understand).
Did you try the 64 bit version?

I was on version 2.1.0.8. I've downloaded it yesterday from my account and assumed it was the latest 64bit version.
I've just downloaded the 2.1.0.10 (64b) posted by Bruno and now it works on my system.

Where can we find version 2.1.0.10?

In this prior posting:

New download:
https://download.tmssoftware.com/download/TMSSubscriptionManager2_64b.zip

1 Like

The new download resolved the "Cannot connect to Internet' issue for me.

Separately, I note that the latest Subscription Manager still does not show Delphi 11 on the Settings page.

We fixed the issue with Delphi 11 versioning. For now, it was still displayed as v10.5
Next update will address this.

This version works and resolved the "Cannot connect te internet"-error for me. Thanks, Bruno!