Won't install to Android64

Hi, my JDK updated recently causing Android64 builds to fail. I had to uninstall the platform and reinstall. Along with changing the JDK back. This meant I had to reinstall some TMS components. I have reinstalled Business core and Aurelius - both found the Android64 platform and I could tick untick. But on running the FMX installer it doesn't display the checkboxes and on running the installer it doesn't find or try to install to Android64. How do I rectify this so that the FMX components install so I can build for Android64?

Hi,

Did you run the latest installer? v3.7.8.6? we have recently been working on a new install experience and error detection. Can you verify if the compiler dccaarm64.exe is located inside the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\bin" folder (or other installation folder). If it is then there is something wrong retrieving the root directory where RAD Studio is installed. Did you get errors during installation? Can you send us the log file generated in C:\Users[UserName]\AppData\Local\tmssoftware\log\

I can confirm dccaarm64.exe is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\bin
Yes this was FMX 3.7.8.6
Thank you for your assistance

According to the log file, Android was succesfully picked up and built. You should be able to drop the components on the form and build an application.

I can indeed build for android 32 bit, but not android 64 bit

Do you mean you get Android specific build errors, or it does not find the units for the components? If so, please add the path manually. You can just copy paste the library path entry for TMS FMX UI Pack from the 32 bit Android version to the 64 bit.

Thank you Pieter that was the last thing I needed to do to get this working. Really appreciate your help.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback!