Turning off obfuscation

I turn off obfuscation in options for my release configuration and click save. But the value is not saved.

I could not reproduce this.
-New project
-Switch config to release mode
-Set Obfuscation = false
-Save project and close
-Reopen project
-Under options, it still shows Obfuscation = false
-It compiles & runs without obfuscation

I'm begiining to wonder if it is a 10.4 thing or my installation as I have just had another issue with target options.

Maybe do a diff on the .dproj file. Normally, changes in options should be reflected in the .dproj file.

I've tried a new webcore project and after setting this to false it doesn't save back to the dproj file. I've tried changing other settings (which do save back) at the same time to try and force it, but that didn't work.

I have edited the value in the dproj file and whatever I set it to (0,1,2) it always remains no mater what I change it to in options.

I'll try it with V1.5

So far I could not reproduce this with v1.5. Let us know your results.

I have installed 1.5 and still have the same issue. Anything changed in the WebCore options doesn't save, even during the same session. So if I edit the options and save and immediately reopen them the options have reverted to the original.

Sometimes when in the Options form I get

Access violation at address 2BAE748C in module 'TMSWEBCorePkgDEDXE13.bpl'. Read of address 000002C8.

First such problem report I see.
What patches did you install for 10.4? All 3? All 3 where correct installed?

yes it's very strange. All 3 patches installed. I'll try it on another VM later

Hi Bruno,

I'm having a similar problem (RAD Studio Enterprise v10.4 all patches.

New Web Application, blank page, (debug build),Run - works.

Change to release build, Run - [Fatal Error] NPM is not installed!

Set "Enable Obfuscation" to false and Run - [Fatal Error] NPM is not installed!

The Enable Obfuscation isn't persisted - it's always True (unless I close project and manually edit the .dproj file).

NPM is installed ( node -v returns v12.19.0, npm -v returns 6.14.8).

Another strange thing - when I open an existing Web Core project, I get a pop-up saying "there's a new version available" (v1.5.4.0) - I installed that version last night...

When I create a new web core project, I don't get that version pop-up.

This maybe suggests that's there's something off with PATH settings (system or project).

I had a problem recently where Release worked, and Debug failed - turned out there were "Rio" entries in the debug paths interfering with compile.

The paths are basically empty - so what should I be looking for with respect to npm?

Oh, and is there any chance that Obfuscation won't allow "false" to persist because NPM is not found?

Cheers,
EdB

First thing to check, did you fully & correctly install any previous version?
I suggest to make sure to uninstall via the Windows Control Panel and after uninstall verify there are no more traces of TMS WEB Core in Delphi.
After this full uninstall, perform a clean install of v1.5.4.0

• uninstalled as per directions
  • deleted all the TMSWebCore*.bpl from delphi directories
  • started Sydney
  • checked path - removed some old elements
    -closed sydney
  • used regedit to purge anything TMSWebCore (lot's of old version info, known packages etc)
  • rebooted computer (I'm superstitious that way)
  • restarted Sydney, closed
  • used subscription manager to "fresh install" WebCore
  • started Sydney, loaded my last project
    (I need a faster computer)
  • checked obfuscation option: false (as per manual edit)
  • changed it to true and saved
  • reloaded options - still true (it persists again)
  • tried a "run" - complains about can't find FNC stuff
  • used subscription mgr to uninstall all FNC
  • started Sydney - complained about not finding an FNC package (uicore or some such - sorry, didn't record it)
  • uninstalled all FNC
  • installed latest FNC Core
  • installed latest FNC UI Pack - installer complained about "wrong version of CORE"
  • uninstalled all the FNC stuff from subscription manager
  • closed sub mgr
  • visited all the TMS FNC xxx folders and deleted the setup.exe and most recently downloaded zip file
  • restarted subscription manager
  • downloaded FNC core and installed
  • downloaded FNC GUI Pack and installed
    (I need a faster internet connection)
  • repeat for all other FNC product (meaning download-install, download-install... not download-download-download, install-install-install
  • restart sydney - check options, obfuscations persist
  • run with obfuscation true as release build - works
  • run with obfuscation false as debug build - works
    (I need a holiday)

All's well that ends well - and now I have a full checklist in the event it ever happens again.

EdB

Normally when reinstalling TMS WEB Core, it should not be required to FNC (on the condition the TMS WEB Core library path keeps its settings of the FNC related library paths)

Understood.

But clearly my system had some weirdness - so I decided to go for the closest thing I could to a "fresh install".

And when doing that, the important thing is: "first, get it's attention!"

EdB