FNC Core/BIZ Core setup OSX64 fails

TMS FNC Core_3.1.2.0.log (1.0 MB)

Platform MacOS is installed.

What am I missing?

At least for FNC Core the platforms for the compile are retrieved automatically.

Additionally: As FNCCore is the first thing, I am instaling - why does the linker complain about FNCExelBridge missing?

C:\RAD\Bin\CodeGear.Delphi.Targets(412,5): error E2597: ld: warning: directory not found for option '-LC:\Users\bernd\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\Imports\OSX64' [C:\RAD_Lib\TMS\TMS FNC Core\FMXTMSFNCCorePkgDXE14.dproj]
   ld: warning: directory not found for option '-LC:\RAD_Lib\TMS\FNCExcelBridge\Packages\d11\OSX64\Release' (Aufgaben-ID: 50)
   ld: warning: directory not found for option '-LC:\RAD_Lib\TMS\TMS Busines Core Library\packages\d11\.\OSX64\Release' (Aufgaben-ID: 50)
   ld: warning: directory not found for option '-LC:\RAD_Lib\TMS\TMS RemoteDB\source\drivers" -L C:\RAD_Lib\TMS\TMS' (Aufgaben-ID: 50)
   ld: file not found: FNC (Aufgaben-ID: 50)

Thanks for support!

CAn anybody confiorm wether this is a problem with the last setup?

Hi,

Please check your library path for additional backslashes, which could be potentially causing this issue. We'll investigate here what exactly is going wrong.

I struggled with this a few times already. See below, please:

C:\RAD_Lib\TMS\TMS Aurelius\packages\d11\.\OSX64\Release
C:\RAD_Lib\TMS\TMS Aurelius\source\drivers
C:\RAD_Lib\TMS\TMS Sparkle\packages\d11\.\OSX64\Release
C:\RAD_Lib\TMS\TMS Sparkle\source\extra
C:\RAD_Lib\TMS\TMS XData\packages\d11\.\OSX64\Release
C:\RAD_Lib\TMS\TMS Echo\packages\d11\.\OSX64\Release
C:\RAD_Lib\TMS\TMS Sphinx\packages\d11\.\OSX64\Release\\
C:\RAD_Lib\TMS\TMS RemoteDB\packages\d11\.\OSX64\Release
C:\RAD_Lib\TMS\TMS RemoteDB\source\drivers\\\\
\
C:\RAD_Lib\TMS\TMS FNC AppTools\
C:\RAD_Lib\TMS\TMS FNC AppTools\Delphi11\OSX64\Release
C:\RAD_Lib\TMS\TMS FNC Chart\
C:\RAD_Lib\TMS\TMS FNC Chart\Delphi11\OSX64\Release
C:\RAD_Lib\TMS\TMS FNC Cloud Pack\
C:\RAD_Lib\TMS\TMS FNC Cloud Pack\Delphi11\OSX64\Release
C:\RAD_Lib\TMS\TMS FNC Dashboard Pack\
C:\RAD_Lib\TMS\TMS FNC Dashboard Pack\Delphi11\OSX64\Release\
$(FLEXCELVCLNT)\Packages\d11\OSX64\Release\

This is something, the TMS setup does. :-(

I´ll correct this manually (again) and will rerun the setup.

Not sure, what the real reasen was. I corrected the paths for OSX64 and additionaly there was a new setup available and now the setup succeeds (at least for TMS Business Core).

:Thumbs up:

We are currently investigating this here.

Setup of FNC Core still fails:

C:\RAD\Bin\CodeGear.Delphi.Targets(412,5): error E2597: ld: warning: directory not found for option '-LC:\Users\bernd\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\Imports\OSX64' [C:\RAD_Lib\TMS\TMS FNC Core\FMXTMSFNCCorePkgDXE14.dproj]
   ld: warning: directory not found for option '-LC:\RAD_Lib\TMS\FNCExcelBridge\Packages\d11\OSX64\Release' (Aufgaben-ID: 50)
   ld: warning: directory not found for option '-LC:\RAD_Lib\TMS\TMS Busines Core Library\packages\d11\.\OSX64\Release' (Aufgaben-ID: 50)
   ld: warning: directory not found for option '-LC:\RAD_Lib\TMS\TMS RemoteDB\source\drivers" -L C:\RAD_Lib\TMS\TMS' (Aufgaben-ID: 50)
C:\RAD\Bin\CodeGear.Delphi.Targets(412,5): error F2588: Linker-Fehlercode: 1 ($00000001) [C:\RAD_Lib\TMS\TMS FNC Core\FMXTMSFNCCorePkgDXE14.dproj]
  Der Befehl wurde mit dem Code 1 beendet. (Aufgaben-ID: 50)

BTW: For the FNC Core there was no new setup available.

Did you correct the paths and then uninstall? Or the other way around? It's important to know if it's an installation or uninstallation issue

I corrected the paths.
Downloaded new setups if available.
Installed Business Core with uninstalling during install.
Installed FNC Core with uninstalling during install.

The paths are still ok besides this one (for OSX64):

C:\RAD_Lib\TMS\TMS Busines Core Library\packages\d11\.\OSX64\Release

Next steps:
I corrected the path (removed the .)
Installed FNC Core with uninstalling during install.

But same error as before.

What is weird, is that the setup shows some Android compiling, but this platform is not available.

And: Have a look at this error message:

It seems as if the pathname is split a wrong position between TMS and FNC.

Can you provide a screenshot of your Win32 Library path after installation? The error typically refers to paths being corrupted, containing invalid characters, spaces, forward or backward slashes that interfere with the installation process

We meanwhile found the cause, when selecting a custom path during installation, it adds an additional backslash, which is not removed during uninstallation. So I'm currently investigating a solution. If you leave the path default during installation, it should not pose an issue.

Good to hear.
Unfortunately leaving the default path is no option for me.

Thanks for keeping an eye on this.

We have applied a fix, next iteration of the installers will have the fix included. You will still need to manually remove additional backslashes once, before installing the new update when it comes out. After that, it should not add backslashes and properly clean up library paths.

Good to hear. Any idea, when this will be the case?

We'll monitor Delphi 12 as well as working on some bug fixes, but at the very minimum next week.

All installations have also failed for me today - annoying.

In addition to the additional backslashes and the ".", some necessary slashes are also missing, e.g.:
wrong: c:\T\CryptoDelphi11\Win32\Release
correct: c:\T\Crypto\Delphi11\Win32\Release

wrong: c:\T\FNC\InstDelphi11\Win32\Release
correct: c:\T\FNC\Inst\Delphi11\Win32\Release

Annoying, especially because this error has already occurred several times in the past. I look forward to smart-setup supporting all libraries at some point and (hopefully) making faulty installations a thing of the past - but until then I always have a bad feeling when installing.

add:
What else I have noticed:
If the \ is missing, only the 64 bit version was installed, the 32 bit version is missing.

Uninstall everything again, delete incorrect path entries and install the previous version... :-(

The issue with the backslashes is fixed and will be rolled out starting today and in the upcoming weeks together with official Delphi 12 support

ok, I assume that the missing backslashes have also been taken into account. The files were effectively not installed either.

As the current setups doesn't work, I would not make them available. I'd rather not have a new version than one that can't be installed

On automatic install of FNCCore I get compile error, too, but I can't see a log file :( the log directory is empty. The install path shows no additional backslash behind the path.
Now I select "manually install", starting IDE, loading the dproj and compile successfully. Also install works fine.