TTMSFNCWebBrowser on Linux

How to run TTMSFNCWebBrowser on Linux?
I put a component on the form, I write the site in the url - nothing happens. At the same time in Windows and Mac OS everything works fine.

Did you install FMXLinux and properly configure it? This is required for runnning TTMSFNCWebBrowser

Yes, of course. Everything is set. and sdk for ubuntu. This code does nothing. When you click on any button, nothing happens.

Screenshot at Jun 01 13-59-31

What do you exactly see?
Because we've just tested this and everything is working as expected.

Can you upload your finished startup file (binary)? I will check in my ubuntu.

Do you have any additional packages installed in Ubuntu?

The instructions are available in the install notes.

FMXLinux (tested in Ubuntu 20.04)

FMXLinux is not installed out of the box in RAD Studio. Please follow the instructions here to install FMXLinux.
FireMonkey for Linux - RAD Studio

After following the above instructions, please execute the following commands

sudo apt install joe wget p7zip-full curl openssh-server build-essential zlib1g-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev libncurses5
sudo apt-get install zlib1g-dev
sudo apt install libgl1-mesa-glx libglu1-mesa libgtk-3-common libgstreamer1.0-0 libgstreamer-plugins-base1.0-0
sudo apt install libwebkit2gtk-4.0-dev

Updated packages, some were not installed. But here's a video to prove it. That even after the update, when clicking on the buttons, nothing happens in the browser.

Do you have Wayland enabled? In some Linux distributions having Wayland enabled is problematic for TTMSFNCWebBrowser.

To disable Wayland on Ubuntu, you typically need to edit the /etc/gdm3/custom.conf file and uncomment the WaylandEnable=false line.

1 Like

Yes, it helped!
But, this is a completely unacceptable way out for ordinary users. Ordinary people will not do such complex manipulations at the level of the Linux kernel and replace the output system Wayland back X Window System in Ubuntu.

Well unfortunately that's a webkit issue. It's currently not clear what the status is on webkit GTK support for Wayland in combination with the requirements for FMXLinux. Currently we implemented this based on the initial FMXLinux support and requirements targeting X11 (XOrg) on Ubuntu. Unfortunately in newer Ubuntu distributions, Wayland is the default, but FMXLinux & WebKit GTK support are not yet updated to work with WayLand.

Alright, we'll be waiting...