Cross compiling Miletus Application

Hello,

I compiled a Miletus (Build-Linux64) application on a Win10 system for a computer with a Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon OS. I know that running a Miletus application under Linux relies on a WebKit installation. By default the WebKit libraries are part of the Linux Mint installation. The application is not starting, is there anything else I have to take care of?

Best regards

Did you install with:
sudo apt-get install libwebkit-dev
?
If so, any specific error you get?

This package is not available, maybe I need to add a certain repository source first?

I installed a package with snap

sudo snap install wpe-webkit-libs

There is no error message, seems Linux Mint doesn't know how to start this application at all

All development & testing here was done on Ubuntu.
We'll need to check if it is different on Mint.
Can you use the FNC browser on your Mint distro?

I will try, but on the Linux Mint installation I have a problem with the VSC & Web Core installation - the form designer is not open properly. I will write this in a separate topic.

Just saw a topic with a similar issue description

If the form designer isn't opening, this is most likely related to a component package still installed from a compilation with a previous version. Open the package manager and remove any package except the TMS WEB Core package and then recompile & reinstall other component packages.

Right, this did it. I had this behaviour also on a Win10 computer weeks ago and couldn't figure out the reason...

Great - thank you

You mean the TMSFNCWebBrowser control from the FNC UI pack? This is not available in VSC. The TMS Web Core TWebBrowserControl is working on the Linux computer

When trying to start a Miletus application directly from VSC on the Linux Mint computer, I got the message

libgobject-2.0 is required to be installed.
Runtime error 217 at 0000000000992C44

Can you try:

sudo apt-get install libgtk2.0-0:i386 libsm6:i386

That didn't help - same error message

I'm out of ideas.
We will need to install a Mint distribution here to see if we can reproduce this.

I finally made it work, I installed the libgtk2.0-dev package with the Synaptic-Package Manager.

1 Like