TTMSFNCMaps Custom Markers

With the previous TMS map products, I could set custom markers not only using a http://... web URL, but also a file:///c:/folder/filename.png URI to use marker image files on the local machine.  With TTMSFNCMaps this no longer works, whether I create the marker at design time or in the program.  I've tried this in Delphi 10.3.3 for a VCL program and also Lazarus on Windows.

Is there a workaround for this, other than putting the application icons on a web server?

Dave

Hi,

Thank you for notifying.
We are investigating this issue and will report back as soon as possible.
Hi,
Yes, for us it's a "blocker" because all markers are stored on local drives.
also, when using URL for custom markers, they are displayed on OpenLayers map and Google Map, nothing on HERE map. would be nice to have more parameters for markers (size, rotation, label, anchors - similar to WebGMaps). 

BTW: OS Map performance is very good. will wait for custom markers fix...

Thanks.

Hi,

Meanwhile, we noticed this is a security issue in Edge Chromium. We'll add this on our request list for further investigation.

Hi,

I have added a new property TMSFNCGoogleMaps1.LocalFileAccess := True; that will be available in the next version. Setting this to true will allow you to access local files as marker icons.

Great, thanks!  I'll try that when it's available.

Please note that HERE Maps is having CORS issues when accessing local files, so there it is not supported due to security. Other map services will allow access to local files when setting the LocalFileAccess property to true. We'll release an update tomorrow.

Thanks Pieter, I'll try this sometime this week.