tCheckListEdit not scaling properly

Using Delphi 11, Windows 10, scaling at 300% on a notebook with a 4K monitor:

The component tCheckListEdit does not seem to scale the checkboxes at all, and also the drop-down button is displayed at the wrong width. The example below is scaled at 300%.

We'll investigate this here as soon as possible.

We could reproduce the issue with dropdown button width and fixed this.
We could not see the problem with checkbox size. Actually, the dropdown list is a regular VCL TCheckListBox. Can you test on your system the behavior or a regular TCheckListBox?

I just tested, tCheckListBox scales just fine! See screenshot at 350%. But it isn't usable in my scenario (as a cell editor in a grid).

The scaling problem with tCheckListEdit occurs when the computer's main screen has scaling=100% and a secondary screen has scaling 350%.

What am I supposed to see here?
I guess this is a TChecklistBox embedded in a grid cell?
So, further guessing is that you should increase the grid row height when you want to see more items of the TChecklistBox?

I am using TMS tCheckListEdit as an in-place editor in a TMS grid, using the tFormControlEditLink mechanism.

You asked me to test using tCheckListBox instead - so hey, that's what I did. Under the exact same conditions to make sure I don't falsify any result.

Of course tCheckListBox was never intended to fit in a grid cell... but nevertheless I observe that at least its checkboxes scale 100% correctly.

I'm testing under the exact same conditions as tCheckListEdit.

So far, we could not reproduce this.
Could you perhaps provide a sample source project with which we can reproduce this so we can investigate?

Certainly.

I just tested with the latest TMS Uipack 10.7.4.1, using the latest Delphi 11.1.
You need a two-monitor setup to reproduce the issue.
Project.zip (91.2 KB)

screenshot2

This appears to be a bug in the Delphi standard VCL TCheckListBox that is internally used in TCheckListEdit.
You can reproduce this bug by creating a TCheckListBox in code from a button click and design this app with DPI <> 96 and then create it in code with:

chk := TCheckListBox.Create(Self);
chk.Parent := Self;
chk.Items.Add('item 1');

when this form is on a screen with DPI = 96. The checkbox size will be wrong.
So far, we could not find a workaround for this Delphi VCL bug. We will need to report this to Embarcadero.

Well, we could actually find a workaround for this bug in VCL.
So, this will be addressed in TCheckListEdit in the next TMS VCL UI Pack release.

Thank you very much! Will you report this tChecklistbox bug to Embarcadero?

https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-37698