Project/component compilation error

I installed D12 and latest version of TMS VCL UI Pack. I don't have another version of Delhi. With automatic compilation. When compiling (component) I get an error:
[dcc32 Fatal Error] TMSVCLUIPackPkgDXE14.dpk(176): E2225 Never-build package 'rtl' must be recompiled
[dcc32 Fatal Error] EnJasotComponents.dpk(43): E2202 Required package 'TMSVCLUIPackPkgDXE14' not found

in
package TMSVCLUIPackPkgDXE14;
{$IMPLICITBUILD OFF}

I haven't come across that before. How can I fix it?

Delphi 12 uses package TMSVCLUIPackPkgDXE15.dproj
So, if there are still dependencies in your project to TMSVCLUIPackPkgDXE14, you should replace this by TMSVCLUIPackPkgDXE15

Thanks!

Quote:

It is a long time flaw in the TMS package naming to neglect the LIBSUFFIX approach, which ever so often leads to such problems.
That's why I have made my own packages using LIBSUFFIX in conjunction with a manual install process. It comes with the task to synchronize the DPR files contains clause for each update - a small price I am happy to pay.

End quote.
Can you fix it in the future?

When we moved everything to TMS Smart Setup, this will be addressed
TMS Software | Blog.

@brunofierens. When you are doing all that work, will you also be considering changing your useage of "Import" to use fully qualified namespaces?

Having followed some of the advice from Marco to help the compiler be even faster and less stressed, I then found some of my projects with TMS components would not compile as I had removed the implicit use of "unit aliases".

I realize it will be a lot of work given the number of projects you must have in the TMS component sets. Also the changes will need testing, and will not actually give any other obvious benefit to TMS. But this would be a great change for me and perhaps others, and happy customers keep coming back...

https://blog.marcocantu.com/blog/2022-december-suggestions-help-delphi-compiler.html

That needs to be seen in the light of deciding what Delphi versions to continue to support, i.e. drop some old versions that do not support qualified namespaces.
That decision has not yet been made when to drop some older Delphi versions.