Errors with D12 install of BIZ Products

I am getting multiple errors when trying to install components into D12

1 - Error saying XData or Sparkle or some other pre-req package is required
but they are already installled & showing green in subscription manager.

Removing & Reinstalling the pre-req doesn't fix the problem.

2 - Component install / compile says Android SDK is not properly installed
but I have successfully built a test multi-device project already under
Android platform

Hi,

Can you please provide the full log file (inside the setup folder of installed product) so we can check exactly what happened?

Regarding Android, there isn't much we can do if it's not properly configured. Were you able to build a package targeted to Android? Were you able to compile such package from msbuild?

Finally, you can also try the new TMS Smart Setup. It's the new generation for our installers, the current BIZ installers will be deprecated soon:

1 Like

I am still having issues with the installer saying Android SDK is not installed, however I know it is and I can build projects that are targeted to Android.

The latest error is with the FlexCel for VCL/FMX installer.

This error / problem is happening with both D12 Ent and Arch, it works fine for D11

Are you able to compile packages (not projects) targeted for Android?
Can you please provide the logs?

It is the same error about sdks not found? As wagner says, if you can provide us the logs so we can see what is failing that would help. FlexCel and biz installers were developed independently by different people, so if both fail to find the linux SDKs, there should be something likely wrong with the installation of the command line tools, even if delphi allows you to compile from the IDE.

I do not find an install / error log as the error comes up when selecting the packages to install, not during the install.

It says Android SDK tools are not installed and to remove Android from the selected
platforms, which I usually do.

This time however, I did an install leaving all platforms selected.

However, as I said, I don't find an install / error log, it is not in the documents folder like the other logs, nor is it in the appdata/local/tmssoftware/logs folder

The popup is to warn you that you likely don't have android support in Delphi, so you don't lose time trying to install. But if you think your installation is ok, you can ignore it, and see if it install successfully.
But note that this is about android 32 bit, which is almost dead today. Can you confirm that the android apps you can compile with delphi are android 32 and not android 64 bit? I don't think there is much android 32 left anywhere, and for sure any tablet or phone in at least 5 years are android64.

for what is worth, what the setup is checking (for android32, not 64) is:

1. That you have a "default_android" key in the registry at Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Embarcadero\BDS\23.0\PlatformSDKs

1. It looks at Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Embarcadero\BDS\23.0\PlatformSDKs<value of the key in point 1.>. In my case, the value of Default_Android is "AndroidSDK25.2.5_32bit.sdk", so it looks at Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Embarcadero\BDS\23.0\PlatformSDKs\AndroidSDK25.2.5_32bit.sdk

Inside there, it looks at the value of the entry SDKZipAlignPath:

in my case it is C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\23.0\CatalogRepository\AndroidSDK-2525-23.0.50491.5718\build-tools\33.0.2\ZipAlign.exe

And then it checks that ZipAlign.exe exists at the path above.

1. Similar to ZipAlign in point 3, it checks that the file at the entry "SDKAdbPath" exists in your disk.

If those entries exists, it won't show an error. If they don't, your SDK is not installed correctly.

But check that you aren't confusing Android32 and Android64, I think it might be related, since Android32 has been deprecated for many many years.

About the logs, FlexCel writes them at \TMSSoftware\FlexCelVCLNT\Setup\FlexCel_build_log.txt

But that is only if you actually install (ignoring the warning that android32 sdks are not available)