Error triying to install/compile Sparkle for Linux on RAD 11

I'm using same version, but Server version, not Desktop.

The issue is also present on Ubuntu 18...

Does anyone with the mentioned problem participates has access to Delphi beta program?

I have this issue with the today's new release but have not had the issue previously.

Currently I just did modification of Sparkle. Removing zip middle ware is not too time consuming. Maybe Wagner would consider IFDEF which will block zip related code. For sure, this is very marginal idea, but might help for people who do not use this middle ware. Just attempt to decrease number of problems by means of hiding. Completely up to TMS :-). Hope Embarcadero will fix their problem fast.

Cheers.

I understand and share the frustrations of you all. There is a running beta for Delphi 11 Alexandria Update 1 (Delphi 11.1) and I'm expecting good news about this.

In the meanwhile, this temporary workaround provided by @Wierzbicki_Arkadiusz has reportedly worked for customers who tried it. I suggest you give it a try, at least you don't get stuck for now.

It works!

Delphi 11.1 is now released.

I hope this is good news for everyone struggling with this issue. If you have news, please let us know. Thank you.

Hello Wagner,
I can install RAD Studio 11.1 and not wait for TMS packages update?

Regards
Andrea

Just install RAD Studio 11.1 and uninstall/reinstall TMS Business products, you can use the latest version available for download.

Thank You.

For any one intereseted, RAD Studio 11.1 is not fixing this issue, tested today.

Hope other have better luck than me.

OK just got Delphi Alexandria 11.1 and obviously it is getting worse.
I just tried to install the first component, Business Core Library, it doesn't compile (it also misses an S in businesS)
You have to skip Linux64... :disappointed:
Then try to compile it in Release: 24 errors for the Linux platform
Of course all other related products don't even start to compile anything, not even another platform target, stating that Business Core Library is not found. It shows the right path, but still doesn't see it since it's incomplete (not compiled)

Glad I kept the Alexandria 11 VM otherwise I would not be able to work... not business friendly.

Note: I start fresh from an empty VM that has no traces of previous TMS product installs

I can install Business Core Library for Linux64 platform without any issues in 11.1
Needed the workaround for Sparkle. However workaround works like before, so I can still build my projects.

"Unfortunately" it solved it here for me. TMS Sparkle installs normally on Delphi 11.1 with imported Linux SDK. It looks like this problem is hard to reproduce, I see now that after 11.1 release the QP was closed by Embarcadero as "cannot reproduce". This is very frustrating.

Just got a clean empty Windows11 VM.
Installed Alexandria 11.1 and nothing else.
Tried to install Business Core Library.
Doesn't compile Linux64.
If we skip Linux and then open the BCL proj and try to compile in "release" mode, still 24 errors.
So I'll stick to Alexandria11

The known issue happens when compiling TMS Sparkle, not TMS Business Core Library. Are you saying you get errors compiling BCL even for other platforms which are not Linux? I'm afraid you are hitting a different issue. Can you please open a different topic and provide more detailed information (log, error messages)?

It may be a problem is that the error is most probably dependent on first installation of the demo of the TMS Business Core Library and install it, and then download the demo of TMS Sparkle and install it and when compiling the Linux part, it crash.

Could it be an idea to let some at Embarcadero get a free All Access full demo?

If the tester also installs several other GetIt packages, he will also face another problem. the excess of 32000 characters :-D

In order to make the instaler command shorter, i Have defined two junction points, C:\Repos_22 for the full path for the repository files, C:\TMS_ as juction point to the TMS files and C:\BDS22 as junction point to the RAD files, C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0 (install with C:\BDS22 as root and not default directory in C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0

This will shorten all path names drastically and increase chance to successfull compilation

when opening command prompt and go to C:\ (after CD ) and run dir /ad I will get displayed all the junction points defined: like this:

01.11.2021 22:49 BDS22 [C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0]

Thank you @Wierzbicki_Arkadiusz

I follow your instruction and it works (Sparkle 3.19.0.1).

I can then compile/install this components after manually compile Sparkle for Linux64.

• Aurelius 5.8
  • XData 5.5
  • RemoteDB 2.13.1.1

My system:

• Delphi 11.1 clean install (web installer)
  • Windows 10 21H2 (19044.1586)
  • No other component/plugin install except TMS Business Component 1.31

Not sure if anything I can help you pinpoint the root cause, @wlandgraf

What I've done in Ubuntu 20.04.4 after sudo apt-get update

• sudo apt-get install build-essential
  • sudo apt-get install libcurl4-gnutls-dev
  • sudo apt-get install zlib1g-dev
1 Like