C++Builder 12.1 - Windows 64bit (Modern)

Hello,
I test tms vcl ui pack with latest 64 bit compiler in C++Builder 12.1, it is compile correctly but does not link to a library when seek for .lb not .a,
i try to change .a to .lib it is work but ask for .o file.

Please if you can test your component against new 64bit c++Builder and inform where is a problem.

note : same thing happend with embarcadero konopka vcl components.

Thanks
Ayman Alheraki

Strange
We will investigate

Hello,
I have the same problem.
It seems that the include and library paths are not populated in the modern 64bit compiler options during installation.
TMS components are visible but disabled in the Components palette.
I use the latest VCL 13.1.0.0 pack.
Best regards,
Mikhaël

We will investigate this.

Additional paths seems to be needed from 12.1 for new targets.
We're investigating the best path forward.

Hello,
I try it with TMS UI Pack 13.1.0 same problem, also the problem come with konopka components 7.0 what come with embarcadero packages.

As you could read in my previous reply: "we are investigating .."

We got information from Embarcadero they expect to release a patch. We will check again when we have received & installed this patch.

Any news on this?

I suggest to try with the latest TMS Smart Setup

When using the TMS VCL UI Pack (v13.1.0.1) installer provided from the My Products page, it does not work. The problem I have is the same as the topic starter described.

Apparently, the installer from the my products page is not the TMS Smart Setup. I tried the TMS Smart Setup, but it does not seem to install for the Win64x version. Also, it does not place necessary *.hpp files at the necessary locations, so the normal Win64 build also doesn't work anymore now and the TMS components are not available in the IDE.

Did you first uninstall the component you had installed via the classic installer?
Also, for components to be available in the IDE tool palette, compiling for Win32 is sufficient. So, if you do not see the components on the tool palette, there is also something wrong with the Win32 install. It is likely this is due to the libraries still being installed by the classic installer.

I can confirm that I'm seeing the same problem.

Uninstalled all components via the Subscription Manager and then from the computer by removing the Apps.

SmartSetup doesn't build the Win64x version - even if the YAML file is modified to explicitly include it in the build process. The Win32 and Win64 versions build and install without error. However, the paths for Win64 builds no longer work.

This is for C++Builder 12.1 (no Delphi personality installed).

At first, I had forgotten to uninstall the classic version, but the installation of smart setup then also failed. After uninstalling the classic version, the installation of Smart Setup went oké. But the components do not show up (and Win64x did not install at all). Maybe that has something to do with this topic: tms.vcl.uipack not showing up in C++ Builder

You can use the suggested fix there for now and we're working to update the distributions with this fix asap.

I have done this and now the components do show up in the IDE, but for my Win64 project to be able to link, I had to change TMSVCLUIPackPkgDXE15 to TMSVCLUIPackPkg and TMSVCLUIPackPkgExDXE15 to TMSVCLUIPackPkgEx. Yet I was not able to start my application, so clearly something still is wrong. And it seems Win64x still does not install

Hi, the issue with C++Builder has been fixed, we are releasing an update today.

1 Like

After installing the update, the components do show up in the IDE, but the Win64x still is not installed at all. Also, the TMSVCLUIPackPkgDXE15 and TMSVCLUIPackPkgExDXE15 are not available, so I cannot even link a normal WIn64 build.

We checked, the packages don't yet contain the required platforms for Modern Win64, supported in 12.1. Packages are currently 12 based. We'll investigate and see if we can fix. Also, when using TMS Smart Setup, you need to let TMS Smart Setup install the required packages. If not, then you need to open the TMSVCLUIPackDXE15Group.groupproj and build that manually.