Complex frame in web form

I have created a complex frame with several group boxes and components into this boxes. In the editor it looks all nice, but when i want to compile the web application with the web form which uses this frame, the components into the group boxes cannot be found. Only components directly into the frame can be found. Can you confirm this observation and what can i do about it? When i do the same into a windows application it works as expected.

With regards,

Paul Poels

I tested this here with a frame, groupbox and child controls in the groupbox, but could not see an issue. Please provide more details allow us to reproduce & investigate this here.

Hi Bruno,

I created and included a test project. It contains the frame and a form which use this frame. If i compile this project i get the message: [Error] FrameOnForm.pas(1): identifier not found "WebLabel_SearchString". When i move the WebLabel_SearchString to the frame itself i get the message: [Error] FrameOnForm.pas(1): identifier not found "WebLabel_Active" and so on.

With regards,

Paul Poels

FrameTest.zip (14.2 KB)

Thanks.
We could reproduce this and we're investigating to fix this.

Hi Bruno,

Is there any progress on this issue?

I need a solution asap. If not i have to consider not to use this frame, but i don't like that. I use this frame in about twenty forms.

With regards,

Paul Poels

We have internally addressed this issue and this fix will be included in the next release.

Hi Bruno,

Ok and when is the next release planned? Can you share the fix with me?

With regards,

Paul Poels

New release is targeted for early August.
This can't be fixed via an incremental source update, this is a recompiled IDE plugin that is needed.

Hi Bruno,

I updated the TMS WEB Core to the new version, but the error is still not solved?

With regards,

Paul Poels

Are you sure v1.5.0.0 was successfully installed? Does it show v1.5.0.0 in Delphi IDE Help/About?

Hi Bruno,

This was the case. I had install the new version over the old version. Now i deleted the complete version first and installed the new version. No errors anymore.

Thanks! I'm very pleased with this package.

With regards,

Paul Poels

1 Like