Can't install TMS FNC Core in Lazarus

TMS FNC Core 3.1.0.1 / Lazarus 2.0.10 / FPC 3.2-x64 / Windows 10

I can compile both packages

LCLTMSFNCCorePkg.lpk & LCLTMSFNCCorePkgDE.lpk

but when recompiling Lazarus (with clean up sources) the compiler stops with the message :

Can't find File LCLTMSFNCCloudBase.pas

Warning: Recompiling LCLTMSFNCCloudBase, checksum changed for D:\Lazarus\components\TMS_FNC_Core\lib\x86_64-win64\LCLTMSFNCCustomComponent.ppu

What does that mean?

Lazarus 2.0.10 is buggy. Use an earlier version.

Same problem here, I am using the latest Lazarus version v2.0.12 running in a 64bit virtual Windows 10 machine. I am just a "hobby programmer", Electrical Estimator by profession, I use Lazarus because it's cheap (free). Anyway so far I wrote couple of programs to help me at work with estimates and project task management. Over the weekend I have decided to "fancy" both programs with TMS Software components so I bought the "FNC Component Studio" big investment for me since I have no plans at present to make any money with my programs, anyway I am getting the same exact error messages when compiling TMS packages. I have not tried downgrading Lazarus but I'll try it if that makes it work, still it would be nice to use it with the latest version of Lazarus. Full Lazarus source code is available, what precisely needs to get fixed? Let me know and I'll look into re-compiling the whole thing from scratch.

Hi,

To properly install components in the IDE, please follow the steps below:

1. Remove existing FNC component packages in the IDE, let the IDE rebuild
  2. Remove all lib folders in all FNC folders
  3. Restart Lazarus
  4. In the IDE, select File, Open and browse for LCLTMSFNCCorePkg.lpk and select "Open Package" when prompted. From the package window select Compile (DO NOT INSTALL)
  5. In the IDE, select File, Open and browse for LCLTMSFNCCorePkgDE.lpk and select "Open Package" when prompted. From the package window select Compile, and then click on Use -> Install

If you have other FNC packages, you only have to install the last one, the previous packages compile only

Ok I've installed the FNC pack in Lazarus v2.0.8 without any problems, all I know any version of Lazarus above 2.0.8 installation simply doesn't work at the moment.

Well I can work with this for now, but it would be nice to be able to use it with the latest version of Lazarus.

Like to know where the problem is causing the install to fail on the latest Lazarus versions but don't have time to dig into this.

Thanks for your feedback! We'll monitor the status related to Lazarus 2.0.12 closely.

Its not depending on the Lazarus version, but on the fpc version. As long you are using fpc 3.0.4 everything compiles just fine, even Lazarus trunk.

You might be right, Lazarus v2.0.8 is using fpc 3.0.4, Lazarus v2.0.10+ is using fpc 3.2.0, so this issue is pascal compiler related then.

I use:
debian buster lxde 64
lazarus 2.1.0 fpc 3.3.1

cross compile
aarch64-linux, arm-linux, i386-linux, i386-win32, x86_64-win64

TMS install:
TMSFNCBlox, TMSFNCCloudPack, TMSFNCCore, TMSFNCUIPack

Assembly works and behaves equally on all platforms.

I don't have it in production due to deficiencies in certain components, but it will probably improve over time.

Well, its not the compiler itself, its the fcl which comes with the compiler. My experiences are limited to Windows OS, so Zeljko might be right, that on Linux everything runs ok.

Hello All,

NewBe on Lazarus.
I use the 2.0.12 version for 2 monthes (this version is imposed by my hierarchy).

I have exactly the same problem as described.

FNC CORE :
MAJ_VER = 2; // Major version nr.
MIN_VER = 8; // Minor version nr.
REL_VER = 1; // Release nr.
BLD_VER = 4; // Build nr.
DATE_VER = 'MAR, 2022'; // Month version

TMS FNC UI Pack :
MAJ_VER = 3; // Major version nr.
MIN_VER = 7; // Minor version nr.
REL_VER = 2; // Release nr.
BLD_VER = 0; // Build nr.
DATE_VER = 'FEB, 2022'; // Month version

/ / Lazarus 2.0.12 / FPC 3.2-x64 / Windows 10

I can compile both the CORE packages BUT

LCLTMSFNCCorePkg.lpk & LCLTMSFNCCorePkgDE.lpk

but when recompiling Lazarus (with clean up sources) the compiler stops with the message :

Can't find File LCLTMSFNCCloudBase.pas

Warning: Recompiling LCLTMSFNCCloudBase, checksum changed for C:\SRC\tms\TMS_FNC_Core\lib\x86_64-win64\LCLTMSFNCCloudBase.ppu

I've strictly followed the install.txt instructions, and what Pieter wrote.

But it's still HARD to Install...

I've experimented one thing and it is passed.
Verify that there is no LIB named directory in "TMS FNC Core" nor in "TMS FNC UI Pack"

1 - I moved the LCLTMSFNCCloudBase declaration in the Core ath the second place, instead of the 1st.
( in LCLTMSFNCCorePkg.lpk) so now in 1st LCLTMSFNCCustomControl in the source.

2 - LCLTMSFNCCorePkg installed and Lazarus recompiled.
3 - LCLTMSFNCCorePkgDE : Install KO

Warning: Recompiling LCLTMSFNCCorePkg, checksum changed for C:\SRC\tms\TMS FNC Core\lib\x86_64-win64\LCLTMSFNCCustomControl.ppu

lazarus.pp(1,1) Fatal: Cannot find LCLTMSFNCCorePkg used by Lazarus, incompatible ppu=C:\SRC\tms\TMS FNC Core\lib\x86_64-win64\LCLTMSFNCCorePkg.ppu, multiple packages: LCLTMSFNCCorePkg, LCLTMSFNCCorePkgDE
4 - COMPILE ONLY LCLTMSFNCCorePkg : OK
5 - TRY TO INSTALL AGAIN LCLTMSFNCCorePkgDE : OK

6 - install the FNC : LCLTMSFNCUIPackPkg.lpk : OK
7 - install LCLTMSFNCUIPackPkgDE.lpk : KO

Warning: Recompiling LCLTMSFNCUIPackPkg, checksum changed for C:\SRC\tms\TMS FNC UI Pack\lib\x86_64-win64\LCLTMSFNCCustomGrid.ppu

lazarus.pp(1,1) Fatal: Cannot find LCLTMSFNCUIPackPkg used by Lazarus, incompatible ppu=C:\SRC\tms\TMS FNC UI Pack\lib\x86_64-win64\LCLTMSFNCUIPackPkg.ppu, multiple packages: LCLTMSFNCUIPackPkg, LCLTMSFNCUIPackPkgDE

8 - COMPILE ONLY : LCLTMSFNCUIPackPkg.lpk : OK
9 - install LCLTMSFNCUIPackPkgDE.lpk : Lazarus opens a Message Box it says
installing the package install LCLTMSFNCUIPackPkgDE 3.3 will automatically install the packages :
LCLTMSFNCCorePkgDE 2.5
LCLTMSFNCUIPackPkg 3.3
LCLTMSFNCCorePkg 2.5
DateTimeCtrls 1.5.1
Click ok OK

Build : OK

I tryed it during more than 8 hours before it succeded, at last.

JMichel