Urgent - Problem to install FNC Componants

I tryed to update all FNC packages I use.

Everything seems ok. However, I can't see any FNC componant into delphi (alexendria 11.3)

Nb : I compiled these packages to delphi 11 only.

I tried to instal FNC Core, FNC Maps, FNC WX

I connot find their directory into the librairie, etc

What it is wrong ?

[Attachment Deleted][Reason: Sensitive Information]

Sincerely

Olivier

I see the following error messages:

• error E2202: Package 'rtl' requis non trouv
  • error E2288: Nom de fichier trop long (plus de 260 caractÅ res)

Which means that the library path / Windows path is too long, please make sure to clean up the path. Additionally, the package rtl not found could also be related to the path. I suggest to clean out the environment RAD Studio of older packages / folders and make sure to install in a clean environment. Potentially reinstalling the IDE might help.

Hi and thanks for your quick answer.

However, I don't understand this error E2288, because now I install all TMS packages into this directory
"c:/TMS/"componant package". Thus the shortest as possible, isnt it ?

I saw in a log file "FNC CORE"

C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\Bin\CodeGear.Delphi.Targets(412,5): error E2288: Nom de fichier trop long (plus de 260 caractÅ res) [C:\TMS\TMS FNC Core\FMXTMSFNCCorePkgDXE14.dproj]

That's means "C:\TMS\TMS FNC Core\FMXTMSFNCCorePkgDXE14.dproj" is too long ? But I am sure the size didn't reach 260 char ;)

regards
olivier

It sounds that the problem is not windows path nor library path length, but the installation folder path length + the file names length.

I had this problem the first time I installed the bundles, so, since then I use a SUBST drive letter T:\ , mapped to my root TMS packages installation folder (example: subst t: c:\systems\source\libraries\thirdparty\tmssoftware), and no more trouble.

Maybe you should use SUBST too, or install packages in a not-so-large-named-path.

All TMS products are installed in T:

T:\>dir *. /b
Data Modeler
FlexCelDLL
FlexCelVCLNT
FNCExcelBridge
GraphQL for Delphi
TMS Analytics
TMS Aurelius
TMS BIZ Core Library
TMS Cryptography Pack
TMS Diagram Studio
TMS Echo
TMS FNC AppTools
TMS FNC Blox
TMS FNC Chart
TMS FNC Cloud Pack
TMS FNC Core

In case it's not the filename length issue, you should also check library path for invalid paths, paths with spaces w/o quotes (or not properly closed quotes), and paths ending with several backslashes (\\\\\\\) - I don't know why, but sometimes these backslashes appear in some entries after upgrading packages, and then I can't compile anything before I fix it.

1 Like

Hi everyone, and thanks you Julio for your answer

Julio, I followed your recommendation by using SUBST.

My "original" directory is 'C:\TMS' ... not very long.
Anyway I created a SUBST "subst t: C:\TMS", and installed the FNC Core" on this new directory. But installation failed with the same message from the log file :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\Bin\CodeGear.Delphi.Targets(412,5): error E2288: Nom de fichier trop long (plus de 260 caractÅ res) [T:\TMS FNC Core\FMXTMSFNCCorePkgDXE14.dproj]

No other idea ? Pieter ?

Regards
olivier

As explained, it's the total library path being concatenated and pass as a variable to MSBuild that's too long. So, basically you'll need to shorten the total path by eliminating or shorten other paths already in your RAD Studio Environment

But the total library path length is likely to have much more than 260 chars as long as you have many components installed in distinct paths. My library path length f.i. is 3022.
Maybe one of them has more than 260 chars and is cousing his error ?

In FMXTMSFNCCorePkgDXE14.dproj there are many macro-resolved file references, like
Import Project="$(APPDATA)\Embarcadero\$(BDSAPPDATABASEDIR)\$(PRODUCTVERSION)\UserTools.proj"

I think one (or some) of those may be resolving too long filenames.
Or there's some invalid &/or malformed path in Library path , path or macro.

Hi again

I "found" the solution.
The pb didn't came from a stricklly too longfile name, but as indicated Julio due to several backslashes (\\\\\\\ ) into the librairy.

They were positionned with TMS Logging package. It looks lie that :

C:\TMS\TMS Logging\source\extra\\\\

but also with "." like that :

C:\TMS\TMS Logging\packages\d11\.\Win64\Release

A special thanks to Julio :slight_smile:

Olivier

1 Like

I deleted it cuz you posted your solution at the same time! :smile:

I also have some of these, but with the correct backslash instead of asterisk, as in:
t:\TMS Logging\packages\d11\.\Win32\Release
and
t:\TMS Workflow Studio\packages\d11\.\Win32\Release

I corrected this error on my message

THANKS again :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.