Installer Fails To Build 32-bit BPLs

Hello,

On my desktop, the TMS VCL UI Pack_10.4.0.0 installer fails to build 32-bit BPLs (the 64-bit BPLs are all fine) and, yet, reports a successful installation.

In the attached logs, I do see:

warning MSB6002: The command-line for the "DCC" task is too long.
error MSB6003: The specified task executable "dcc" could not be run.

But these errors (about my library path being over 32000 bytes) are incorrect AFAIK. Where should I be looking in my settings for a solution ?

Very best regards,

Olivier

TMS VCL UI Pack_10.4.0.0.log (1.2 MB)

It is the command-line that is too long for MSBUILD.
Your command-line is so long because your paths are extremely long (8K + 26K paths already).
So, I would recommend to sanitize your IDE library and include paths.

Hello Bruno,

I understand this, but the name of paths, apart from the stem, is out of my control.
For example one of the many paths added by the TMS installers is:

\tmssoftware\TMS VCL UI Pack\Delphi104Sydney\Win32\Release\

Do the TMS paths need to be so verbose ?

What's the point of subscribing to all the TMS products, if I have to uninstall most of them to update one of them.

Very best regards,

Olivier

Sanitizing <> uninstalling

Hello again,

I have cleaned-up all obsolete paths, but I am still left with a path that is too long, unless I remove many entries before trying to install any TMS update. I tried Googling "sanitize Delphi path" but did not get anything. What do you call sanitizing ?

Very best regards,

Olivier

PS: I did try to create SYSTEM PATH shortcuts, as Developer Express does, but it does not help as these are replaced by the full path just before MSBUILD is called.

I have exactly the same problem! After sanitizing it still fails!

To workaround this MSBUILD limitation, open the package group from the IDE and compile from the IDE.

1 Like