Install Issue/Environment Variables

I'm having an issue with the Paths environment variable again (I really thought this had seen it's day back around Delphi 6/7). Any ideas? I'm looking at it and I can't see anything on it that I would want to remove.

Do the FNC packs add to this variable? if so (as suggested elsewhere) a %TMS% variable might help.

I'm not having this issue with any other component sets.

Hi,

A %TMS% variable will indeed help solve this issue. Unfortunately we haven't yet allocated time for this. The only thing we do is add the path to the library path during installation. If the path is long, the error about the PATHS environment variable pops up. A short term solution is to install the components in a shorter path such as C:\TMS\

Actually the error I am getting is

Can't load package C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\Bpl\VCLTMSFNCCorePkgDXE14.bpl.

The specified module could not be found.

And it's true that package is not in that location. In fact I can't find it installed anywhere.

I can't see any TMS variables in the environment path, and the bpl path is a standard Delphi one.

I shortened my root component directory to C:\DC back in the day (Delphi 2 or 3?) and currently FNC pack are installed to C:\DC\TMS\FNC<pack>

I'll try installing them to C:\TMS edit: actually I did try that by mistake.

If the package cannot be loaded then I suppose that there was a compiler error. The installer still added the path, but the BPL doesn't exist. Can you check the log file? It's generated in the "C:\Users[UserName]\AppData\Local\tmssoftware\log" folder

Sorry it has taken a while to get back top this. I'm still not able to get this installed. The log shows

Build FAILED.

"C:\FNC\Core\TMSFNCCorePkgDEDXE14.dproj" (Build target) (1) ->
(_PasCoreCompile target) -> 
  C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\Bin\CodeGear.Delphi.Targets(409,5): warning MSB6002: The command-line for the "DCC" task is too long. Command-lines longer than 32000 characters are likely to fail. Try reducing the length of the command-line by breaking down the call to "DCC" into multiple calls with fewer parameters per call. [C:\FNC\Core\TMSFNCCorePkgDEDXE14.dproj]

"C:\FNC\Core\TMSFNCCorePkgDEDXE14.dproj" (Build target) (1) ->
(_PasCoreCompile target) -> 
  C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\Bin\CodeGear.Delphi.Targets(409,5): error MSB6003: The specified task executable "dcc" could not be run. The filename or extension is too long [C:\FNC\Core\TMSFNCCorePkgDEDXE14.dproj]

I removed some of the entries in my Delphi Library Path and it was fine.

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Thanks for the feedback.