TIWSideNavBar and IE

Hi,

I am using a TIWSideNavBar. It works very nicely in Firefox and Chrome but it looks horrible in IE10. The two main problems are:

1. There is no background shading.
2. The cursor does not change to a hand pointer when mousing over the items.

I haven't tried with earlier versions of IE.

Is there any simple solution to this problem?

Thanks.

hi Tim

here is a similar question i asked, and TMS's answer :
http://www.tmssoftware.com/site/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2606&KW=IE10&title=tiwdatepicker-and-tiwexchangebar-in-ie10

and here is the compatibility list for most browser :
http://www.tmssoftware.com/site/tmsiwbrowsers.asp

i'm guessing TMS are working on that

Hi,

- We are indeed working on adding support for IE10 in the TIWSideNavBar and other controls included in TMS IW Component Pack.

- I'll investigate if cursor behavior can be improved in a future version.

Thank you for your replies. Can you please advise if you intend to release the next version before the end of this year?

Unfortunately I can't provide an exact ETA, but we are aiming to release a new version including IE 10 support later this month.

Thanks Bart. Look forward to it.

Tim

Hi.

Is there any update on a fix being done for this. I am seeing ITWideNavBar working fine in Chrome and Firefox but in IE, instead of the mouse changing to a pointer, it changes to the I indicator, other than that it works fine. I am using IW 14.0.28 with Delphi XE and the latest release of TMS IW controls on as the 10th of April 2014.

If there is not fix, is there a work around for the fairly minor glitch?

Hi,

- The latest version of the TMS IntraWeb Component Pack contains support for IE 10/11.

- Improving the cursor behavior in IE is on our to-do list for a future version of the TIWSideNavBar.

Hi Bart.

I don't know what I did, but for some reason or other its seems to be working correctly now.  I must have set some property but I later reverted back to an old source and hey presto it was working.

Thanks.
David.