TAdvWebGrid responding to browser resize

Hi, I have the following scenario: A web page with a frame on top, a top and bottom-aligned region containing controls and a TAdvWebgrid aligned as alclient with margins. The grid column widths are set with wtPercent. Unfortunately the grid does not resize the columns when the browser window is resized. The IWAppFormResize event is triggered and other components are reacting as expected. Is there a way to get the grid to resize correctly when the browser window size is changed?
Regards,
Hans

I cannot reproduce this.
Retested with default grid on form with client alignment and 3 columns with width = 33 and widthstyle = wtPercent and columns resize as form is resized.

Dear Bruno, thanks for testing it out.
I attached a demo project containing nothing but the clien-aligned empty grid that does not resize.
I am pretty sure that one of the settings prohibits the resize - I tried with a simple grid with 3 columns and this worked...
Do you have any clue how to solve this?
Regards,
Hans

Project5.zip (328.4 KB)

Hi,

Please note that it is unfortunately not supported to make the TTIWAdvWebGrid respond to browser resize when Scroll.Style is set to scAuto or scAlways.

Hi,
Is there a way to leave apparent the header with scroll.Style to scNone ?

Best regards
Mikhaël

Hi Mikhaël,

This behaviour is by design when Scroll.Style is set to scNone. The scroll bar will only stay visible with Scroll.Style set to scAuto or scAlways.

Hi Bart,

Thanks for your answer, but I was talking about the header grid (fixedrow).
With scroll.Style = scNone, the header grid scrolls with the rest of the grid.
Do you know if there are a way to scroll only the rest of the grid ?
Do you know if there is a way to just scroll through the rest of the grid? (like With scroll.Style =scAuto or scAlways)

Regards,
Mikhaël

Hi Mikhaël,

Unfortunately the behaviour you described is currently not supported.

Thank you.

Hi Bart,
thanks for pointing that out! Unfortunately setting the Scroll.Style to scNever is not an option for us. We need the header visible at all times and must display large numbers of rows. Paging also is not an option (and quite frankly, does not perform 100%). Is there a chance to repair this feature? I think this would be very appreciated by many users.

Hi Hans,

Making the TTIWAdvWebGrid with Scroll.Style set to scNever compatible with browser resize would require non trivial code changes. Unfortunately there are currently no plans to add this feature.

We are not aware of any issues with Paging. Can you elaborate on what is going wrong with it or are you just not able to use Paging because of other requirements?