TAdvMultiFileMemo - Style Issues

If I add/insert text into an untitled.pas memo, you can see it has property highlighting until you save it, then it seems to change colors to what the default pascal highlighter colors. I use a modified pascal highlighter to fit better with the dark style. It's assigned to the multifile memo, then I set it also when the OnNewMemo event fires. Everything works as expected except when I text is added to a untitled memo. You can see it has the right colors after the past, only after coming back from a save.

What is going on here?

function TAdvMultiFileMemo.SaveUntitledMemo(UntitledMemoPage: TAdvMultiFileMemoPage): boolean;
var
  AFileName: string;
  AStyler: TAdvCustomMemoStyler;
begin
  Result := false;
  if Assigned(FOnSaveUntitled) then
  begin
    AFileName := '';
    FOnSaveUntitled(Self, UntitledMemoPage, AFileName);
    if AFileName <> '' then
    begin
      //On real error, let it create exception for application
      UntitledMemoPage.SaveMemoAs(AFileName);
      AStyler := GetStylerByFileName(AFileName);
      if AStyler <> nil then
        UntitledMemoPage.Memo.SyntaxStyles := AStyler
      else
        UntitledMemoPage.Memo.SyntaxStyles := DefaultStyler;
      Result := true;
    end;
  end;
end;

I've traced it to this routine that is the source of the problem (I think), where AStyler is getting assigned. The styler is already setup for the memo. It's set in properties window at design time, also in OnNewMemo event, I set it there also. And you can see it works when code is pasted in. GetStylerByFileName should return the existing styler and it seem to do so when you create a untitled page, yet when you save the untitled file, it seems get the wrong styler. As a work around I commented out this section of code:

(*
      AStyler := GetStylerByFileName(AFileName);
      if AStyler <> nil then
        UntitledMemoPage.Memo.SyntaxStyles := AStyler
      else
        UntitledMemoPage.Memo.SyntaxStyles := DefaultStyler;
      *)

I hate making changes to the base code, so if you let me know the proper solution to this, I would be grateful.

Drop a TAdvMemoStylerManger to AdvMultiFileMemo.StylersCustom and add your custom styler to a this AdvMemoStylerManger and couple it to the file extensions you use.
Then when you pick a file or save the file with your extension, your custom syntax styler will be used.

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.