tableview issue at rotating on iOS with detailview controls assigned

We have tested the demo you attached here:

https://support.tmssoftware.com/uploads/short-url/frNkbYhS5nk8gn4Ru74hDqIiOxl.zip

multiple times on:

RAD Studio 11.3 & RAD Studio 12 on iOS 16.1.3
and could not reproduce the access violation.

Also the demo you demonstrate here:

Is not identical to the demo we have been testing with. Please make sure to test or provide samples with the exact same properties & sample code which is able to reproduce the issue. Something tells me that I'm not testing with a demo that is able to reproduce the issue.

Our testing

Pieter

Thanks for your answer, today I download the demo I provided you, compiles and install on my iPhone 14 PRO, I still having the issue.

Check the video below

https://timbralofacil.com/descargas/errortms3.mp4

Hi,

We were finally able to reproduce the access violation. We have further investigated this here and went back to basics. We added an Edit to a styled Panel with inside the Panel a TRectangle (to simulate what happens in TTMSFMXTableView). Basically as soon as the edit is added, the edit is destroyed on iOS. You can try it out with the following sample.

Sample.zip (10.1 KB)

You'll notice Edit1 is destroyed and no longer accessible, when clicking on Button1, you get an access violation. This is what also happens on TTMSFMXTableView. This must be something new related to the following fix they applied: Log in - Embarcadero Technologies, although we are not 100% sure that it is a bug they introduced by applying this fix, or if it's a new bug altogether. Either way, as we isolated this in a new FMX project without FMX components, it's clearly an FMX framework/Delphi 12 issue.

I've went ahead and created a bug report via Embarcadero QC

https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-43965

Unfortunately right now, it's unclear if we can get a hotfix or a fix in Delphi12, we tried several things to workaround it without success.

Pieter

I am glad you recreated the bug, thanks for your understanding and patience, in my personal opinion if you think this is a Delphi issue you must create the installer for Delphi 12, so when the embarcadero release the fix all the legacy TMS UI Pack users have the opportunity to have this last update from you.

Off the record, if my iOS App I restricted to run only in vertical position and not horizontal with the gyroscope then there is no error at all, as I wrote you in this thread the bug cames after the gyroscope rotate the entire UI.

Happy holidays to all TMS

We still have the latest source code and can send incremental source updates whenever it's critical, but please understand that we will not provide Delphi 12 support, as you have noticed yourself, everything related to FMX styling is no longer maintainable and should be completely rewritten for some components. Something we decided is no longer worth the effort & time as we already did that in FNC. It's not something we go over lightly as we are aware that many customers are in this situation, so we are working hard to cover all shortcomings and try to provide a smooth migration in terms of licensing & technical limitations. That's also the reason that for some projects the migration will take months and we wanted to go the extra mile by providing case per case fixes / bug reports as the one we are currently experiencing. We'll monitor the QC report and see if we can workaround it or have a fix to help out with your case. Hoping for your understanding and happy holidays to you and your family as well.