Ribbon TGroupAppearance colour anomaly

Hi,

I am trying to use the TGroupAppearance to colour the tab groups in my app but I can't get it to do what I need.

The AppStyler and FormStyler styles are set to tsOffice2013White
Metro is turned off
TTabGroupItem DefaultAppearance is turned off

To set the tab colour I change GroupAppearance > Background (OK)
To set the colour of the bar across the top of the tab I change Group Appearance > Color (OK)

This however then changes the tab group caption to the same colour which makes it pretty much unreadable.  I need to set the group caption colour to clWhite for more contrast.  I would have though the CaptionAppearance colours would control the Caption appearance but these don't have any affect.
Neither does Font > Color

Is this an issue? How can I change the caption colour to white?

Regards
Adam

Did you

1) set TabGroupItem.TabAppearance.SystemFont = false
2) set TabGroupItem.TabAppearance.TextColor = clWhite

Thanks, I tried that but it is still drawing the text using Color which is the colour of the bar at the top of the tab. Any other setting I need to change?

I can't reproduce this starting from a default TAdvToolBarOfficePager.
Perhaps you can send a sample source project with which we can reproduce this directly to support email.

Hi Bruno, 

sent you a copy of the app via email.
Regards
Adam

Hi, 

The 7.7.0.0 update partially fixes this problem.
The issue I have now is if the TabGroup->GroupAppearance->Color is set same as TabGroup->GroupAppearance->Background (i.e. no border showing) then the hover text for the tab is invisible because it is rendered using TabGroup->GroupAppearance->Color

Doesn't it make more sense to draw the tab text using the TabAppearance text colours rather than the group appearance colours?

I have had to patch AdvToolbar.pas DrawTab routine with the following:
      if (FGroupStyle = gsOffice2013) then
      begin
        if not FTabGroups.Items.DefaultAppearance then
          GroupCol := FTabGroups.Items.GroupAppearance.Color
        else
          GroupCol := FCurrentToolBarStyler.GroupAppearance.Color;

GroupTextCol := GroupCol;       <-- I don't want this, I want control over the colours used
        GroupTextColHot := GroupCol; <-- I don't want this, I want control over the colours used

{ ADDED THESE 2 LINES TO USE THE COLOURS I CHOOSE }

GroupTextCol := FTabGroups.Items.GroupAppearance.TabAppearance.TextColorSelected;           
GroupTextColHot := FTabGroups.Items.GroupAppearance.TabAppearance.TextColorHot;