java.lang.OutOfMemoryError while uploading to Dropbox

A customer using my Android app (containing FMX Cloud Pack 3.7.2.1) reports getting this error while uploading to Dropbox:

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Failed to allocate a 65552 byte allocation with 47728 free bytes and
46KB until OOM, target footprint 201326592, growth limit 201326592.

Hi,

We are not aware of such an issue in TMS FMX Cloud Pack.

Can you please provide the following information so I can further investigate this?

• The version of Delphi used
  • The version of Android used
  • Does the issue occur with any kind of file or only with a specific file?
  • What is the size of the file you are trying to upload?
  • Does the issue only occur on Android or also on Windows?

The customer originally saw this error message when using a version made by Delphi 10.4 but I recently rolled out a version made with Delphi 11 and the latest FMX Cloud Pack 3.7.2.1. He sees the same error.

He has Android 11, and this happens when attempting to upload a specific file to Dropbox which is around 160MB.

I have just replicated the same error on a test phone here. The file in my case is 176MB and also on Android 11.

So we were able to download the files of this size but not upload them. Files less than 140MB seem to have no issue.

Unfortunately uploads to DropBox are currently limited to files with a maximum file size of 150MB.
This is a limitation of the DropBox API, we'll have to investigate if uploads for larger files can be supported in a future version.

Thanks, Bart.

I am upgrading to the FNC component and switching to Google Drive which hopefully will not have this limitation. Thanks!

• Mike

Happy to help!

I can confirm the Google Drive API does not have this file size limitation.

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.