Delphi can'tan't find any BPL on opening

Hi,

After a successful install of the latest FNC products using TMS Subscripton manager delphi can't find any of the FNC bpl's.

Thanks,

Ken

Do you have installation errors? Please check the documents folder for a log file and attach it here.

I have the following error:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\Bin\CodeGear.Delphi.Targets(402,5): warning MSB6002: The command-line for the "DCC" task is too long. Command-lines longer than 32000 characters are likely to fail. Try reducing the length of the command-line by breaking down the call to "DCC" into multiple calls with fewer parameters per call. [C:\Pair\TMS FNC Core\FMXTMSFNCCorePkgDXE13.dproj]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\Bin\CodeGear.Delphi.Targets(402,5): error MSB6003: The specified task executable "dcc" could not be run. The filename or extension is too long [C:\Pair\TMS FNC Core\FMXTMSFNCCorePkgDXE13.dproj]
Done Building Project "C:\Pair\TMS FNC Core\FMXTMSFNCCorePkgDXE13.dproj" (Build target(s)) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

I wasn't aware that my path had changed but will check it. I purposely have most of my components in a C:\Pair folder to avoid this. It's ridiculous in this day and age that the path can't be longer (not your fault of course).

Hi Ken

Unfortunately this is still an issue today and I agree, this could be implemented better because at some point everyone runs into issues. The alternative would be to specify a variable that points to the path, but as it is already so short I'm not sure that will even fix the issue. The only thing that can be done now is manually cleaning out the path.

Hi Pieter,

I have removed some no longer required components and re-installed FNC and it is fine. It would help a lot if the TMS Subscription Manager displayed an error in this situation.

Regards,

Ken

I agree, the setup is silent, but checking for errors should be a good upgrade.

Thanks as would being able to view the log file at the end of the install.