New FNC versions do not install properly in Delphi 10.4.2

Hi,

Also FNC Maps and FNC WX.

Thanks,

Ken

Can you send us the log file? Did you do a complete uninstall of old versions first?

There is no log file. It is installing successfully. But when starting Delphi 10.4.2 we are getting the "bpl not found" exception. I have the issue with FNC UI Pack, FNC Dashboard Pack and FNC Cloud Pack. I tried both ways; updating and completely uninstalling and reinstalling.

There is a possibility that there is a log file generated, even though the installer has installed successfully. So please check the log file, which is generated in the /Users/UserName/AppData/Local/tmssoftware/log/ folder.

TMS FNC UI Pack_3.5.1.1.zip (106.6 KB)
Attached!!

Build FAILED.

"C:\Pair\TMS FNC WX Pack\FMXTMSFNCWXPackPkgDXE13.dproj" (Build target) (1) ->
(_PasCoreCompile target) ->
C:\Pair\TMS FNC Core\FMXTMSFNCCorePkgDXE13.dpk(25): warning W1002: Symbol 'IMAGEBASE' is specific to a platform [C:\Pair\TMS FNC WX Pack\FMXTMSFNCWXPackPkgDXE13.dproj]

"C:\Pair\TMS FNC WX Pack\FMXTMSFNCWXPackPkgDXE13.dproj" (Build target) (1) ->
(_PasCoreCompile target) ->
C:\Pair\TMS FNC Core\FMXTMSFNCCorePkgDXE13.dpk(29): error E2225: Never-build package 'rtl' must be recompiled [C:\Pair\TMS FNC WX Pack\FMXTMSFNCWXPackPkgDXE13.dproj]
FMXTMSFNCWXPackPkgDXE13.dpk(35): error E2202: Required package 'FMXTMSFNCCorePkgDXE13' not found [C:\Pair\TMS FNC WX Pack\FMXTMSFNCWXPackPkgDXE13.dproj]

But it installed ok for Delphi 11

The problem is with the length of the Win64 library path.

Examining the log paths seem to be being included multiple times even though they are not in Delphi itself.

TMS FNC UI Pack_3.5.1.1.log.zip (40.4 KB)

Hi,

We do not have control over the library path other than adding our own paths. I suppose, cleaning out the path before installing will fix the issue.

Did you not see the duplicates?

What I see is a mix of trial & registered paths. Please clean out the library path of non used paths as well as check the Windows path variable and clean out paths that are no longer used there as well. This will solve the issue.

Thanks Pieter,

So that I can understand the process better can you please let me know the following:

Where are you retrieving thes paths from?

I have removed some in the IDE but when you compile they are still used. Also C:\Pair\TMS WEB Core RSXE13; is included 4 times.

The entire path is included several times under -I -O -R -U. Why is that?

I have a TMS All-Access subscription and as far as I am aware I have no trial packages installed so which one(s) are you referring to?

Why are there two entries in the path e.g. C:\Pair\TMS FNC UI Pack and C:\Pair\TMS FNC UI Pack\Delphi104Sydney\Win64\Release ?

Thanks,

Ken

Hi,

The Path is included several times because of the MSBuild command which expects paths to be specified to search for resources, source files, inc files, but also for exporting bpls dcps and more. the reason why the paths are added is because the library path pointing to the main installation folder is required for finding resources, the other path is added for compiling against the generated DCU files. If you want, you can simply remove the C:\Pair\TMS FNC UI Pack\Delphi104Sydney\Win64\Release folder and also remove it from the library path. Then, the application will recompile the DCU files inside the Debug or Release folder from your application.

Thanks. How about:

Where are you retrieving thes paths from?

I have removed some in the IDE but when you compile they are still used. Also C:\Pair\TMS WEB Core RSXE13; is included 4 times.

Also you did not answer

I have a TMS All-Access subscription and as far as I am aware I have no trial packages installed so which one(s) are you referring to?

It would be good to have an option not to add the release path as this will keep getting added and bloats the path.

The paths are retrieved from the Windows path environment variable by MSBuild, this is not something we control. We simply execute MSBuild command with the package, and the path to the installation directory. The other paths are retrieved automatically. My mistake about the trial paths, they are both registered paths. It looked like a trial path, but it is added by the installer so that's OK. So I would assume that when cleaning out the Windows PATH environment variable, that this will solve the issue. You can see the PATH variable and other environment variables in the IDE (Tools->Options->IDE->Environment Variables). If this does not solve the issue, then you'll need to clean out the PATH environment variable through Windows itself. More info about this process can be found here: How to edit, clear, and delete environment variables in Windows - Digital Citizen

The Windows system variable PATH is as follows. Suely that is not too long?

The limitation of the PATH variable is 2048 characters. The limitation is reached very fast. On top of that, it adds the environment variables of RAD Studio.

Thanks. One last question. Is it sufficient to just set the override for PATH in the IDE and if so what is the minimum that needs to be in it?

The minimum requirement is the BDS paths. I would be careful however, just remove all FNC related paths, then try re-installing.

I am now very confused. I am now getting:

warning MSB6002: The command-line for the "DCC" task is too long. Command-lines longer than 32000 characters are likely to fail. Try reducing the length of the command-line by breaking down the call to "DCC" into multiple calls with fewer parameters per call. [C:\Pair\TMS FNC Core\FMXTMSFNCCorePkgDXE13.dproj]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\Bin\CodeGear.Delphi.Targets(402,5): error MSB6003: The specified task executable "dcc" could not be run. The filename or extension is too long [C:\Pair\TMS FNC Core\FMXTMSFNCCorePkgDXE13.dproj]
Done Building Project "C:\Pair\TMS FNC Core\FMXTMSFNCCorePkgDXE13.dproj" (Build target(s)) -- FAILED.

What I don't understand is that I have removed the Win32 and Win64 Release paths from the Library path using the IDE but they are all still included in the MSBuild!

Did you also follow the steps to clean out the PATH variable directly via Windows?