- I have a program which uploads, list and downloads files to/from Google drive with Fnc Cloud pack.
- My customers have Google Workspace Business accounts, and they use my application in this way:
- One user shares a folder with everybody in their company
- My software uses this shared folder to store the files in.
At one customer I have the following problem:
- Everybody can list and open his own file in my application
- Everybody can list any file too (no matter who created it)
- However when somebody wants to open such a file (a just pass a Google drive direct link to the browser) then Google gives an error message that he doesn't have access.
- Even that person who owns the shared folder, cannot open a file if it was created by someone else.
This is strange because if I click on the Share menu of the file, it is listed the person has"Editor" role who is not allowed to open the file .
The General access is "Restricted".
If I change the General access to the company name, still nothing changes (the user cannot have access to the file link).
Only i f I change the General access to anyone with the link then it would work.
Of course the last option is not desired by the customer.
Is there a setting to prevent this error? Thank you!