Folder created in Google Drive cannot be found in iOS app

Using FNC Cloud Pack 3.0.1.0

Using TMSFNCCloudStorageServices

Using iPad 16.5.1 (c) and Google Drive

The project works as expected on Windows and on Android. It creates a folder in Google Drive called "Chess Openings Wizard" to hold the files created by the app.

The same project run on iOS results in failure to find the folder.

TMSFNCCloudStorageServices1.Search('Chess Openings Wizard', True, nil); // Exact match, root folder

After calling TMSFNCCloudStorageServices1.CreateFolder(fCurrentFolder, 'Chess Openings Wizard');

TMSFNCCloudStorageServices1Search is called but ASearchResults.Count comes back = 0. (It comes back = 1 as expected on Windows and Android.)

The iOS project then goes on to create the 'Chess Openings Wizard' folder - which already exists. This does not trigger any error. Rather it creates a duplicate empty folder with the same name in Google Drive each time the project is run on iOS.

The sample project sent earlier to the help@tmssoftware.com address should duplicate this issue.

We are not aware of any issues with the Search call on iOS.
Unfortunately we are unable to use the sample project that was provided.
Can you please provide sample code that demonstrates the issue so I can further investigate this?

I have created a sample project that demonstrates how TMSFNCCloudStorageServices cannot find existing folders on Google Drive which results in the project making duplicate folders with each upload.

The project works as expected on Android and on Windows.

The project fails to see existing folders (and creates duplicate folders) on iOS and MacOS.

The sample project has been emailed to help@tmssoftware.com.

I have also created code that uses the TMSFNCCloudGoogleDrive component and it also finds the folder on Windows and fails to find the folder on Mac.

It seems that both the TMSFNCCloudStorageServices and the TMSFNCCloudGoogleDrive components have this issue.

We have been able to trace and fix this issue.
The update will be available with the next TMS FNC Maps release.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.