Errors in Delphi after installing FNC Core 2.8.1.4

Hi,

I get the following error after installing 2.8.1.4 when opening Delphi 10.4.2.

This occurs multiple times with different FNC packages.

I have tried completely uninstalling and re-installing all FNC products, ensuring that the install folders have been deleted but the problem persists.

If I roll back to FNC Core 2.8.1.3, all is well,

Thanks,

Ken

This means you'll have to re-install dependant products as well: TMS FNC UI Pack, when updating TMS FNC Core.

I uninstalled and re-installed all FNC products.

Maybe I didn't uninstall everything as I have gone through the process again and it is ok.

T thought FNC Core was backward compatible? I don't want to have to go through this process every time there is a new version of it!

TMS FNC Core / TMS FNC UI Pack are backwards compatible, at source level, not binary unfortunately. When a BPL is compiled, it needs to be recompiled when a dependant BPL is recompiled.

what would be nice is an integrated installer that installs all the items selected and dependencies in one install

Then why not just have one FNC package!

1 Like

Because we want to offer separate packages. Someone interested in TMS FNC Maps might not necessarily be interested in TMS FNC UI Pack and vice versa, also, TMS FNC Core can be purchased separately. Additionally, when one decides to purchase another FNC product, it can co-exist with the other products, because it uses the same base TMS FNC Core. We are aware of the flaws in the installation process, it's currently unclear what the best approach is but we are investigating several paths.

Couldn't just all access customers have an all in one package?

We'll see what the possibilities are.

Not sure how DevExpress dies it but there is a single install, but you only get the packages that you are licensed for.