Empty Tags in HTML

These are some of the tags that can be empty in the final html. I like my html to be clean. Is there a way to remove them permanently ?

• meta $(ThemeColor)
  • meta $(BodyParameters)
  • meta $(Manifest)

These are converted into the final html as

• <meta />

My other gripe is that when a form is grafted into another using pagecontrol, or panel, it includes all of the html from the child form. It would be preferable if it removed tags such as

• title
  • meta
  • maybe even all of head
  • header
  • footer

Otherwise, it may cause issues in some circumstances.

I'm not sure about what can be done regarding the first part of your question. But for the forms that are added at runtime to panels and so on, each form has its own html file that you can edit separately. For the Delphi IDE (not sure if not Delphi) these html files can be found in the Project inspector under the form itself, alongside the dfm for the form. For example, you can remove the <title> tag from there and it won't be included in the embedded form within the project HTML when the form is added at runtime.

Andrew,

I removed those tags (meta and style) from the main html file and its compiling. I think that they are for other techs such electron, so there is no attempt at replacing those $variables. If that had failed, I could have written a little script to remove them.

I am learning TMS Webcore by writing my website in it. Originally, I had assumed that the web crawler would be going through those pages, so I didnt want to edit them. I downloaded a program to create the sitemap and and it didnt put any other pages in, I guess because none of the others are linked via html. So, you are probably correct I that I could remove unwanted bits. I will try it the next time I update the site.

Sounds good. I don't think the other forms' HTML will be indexed by any crawler as I'm guessing they're loaded dynamically by the serviceworker (or some mechanism equivalent to that?) and not linked to directly.

If you find that you want some of those values populated though, it might be worth looking into why they are empty. Check out Project > Options > TMS WEB > Compile and there are a lot of options there. I'm working on a PWA app, so the manifest.json is of particular interest, but maybe there are other things there that might be useful to you.

For a default web client application project, I see only one empty meta tag.
So, it should indeed not be there and we'll investigate to have this empty tag removed.