Windows 64bit changes display grid

Hi all,

I have a small application which is being developed under Windows 7 (32bit) where a component - a TAdvStringGrid works well and displays ok.

However, when checking this application on a Windows 7 (64bit) machine the columns were displayed truncated in width wherever this component is used and therefore looks very unprofessional.

Is there a way that I can change this behaviour -  I do already check for Windows 32/64bit mode for other problems in Delphi but this is an unexpected behaviour on a TAdvStringGrid and I don't want to put corrections in for column width depending on the platform!

All ideas or help appreciated.

Roger B
  1. Are you using the latest version of the grid?
    2) How do you control the width of the columns in the grid?

Thanks Bruno,

We're using version 5.8.0.0 of the grid and I set the column widths and display options by the following:

// ------------------------------------------------------------------
// Set up the column widths for optimum viewing
// ------------------------------------------------------------------
function TMainForm.setgridcolwidths():integer;
begin
ProfileGrid.HideColumn(3);
ProfileGrid.HideColumn(4);
ProfileGrid.HideColumn(5);
ProfileGrid.HideColumn(6);
ProfileGrid.HideColumn(7);
ProfileGrid.HideColumn(8);
ProfileGrid.HideColumn(9);
ProfileGrid.HideColumn(10);
ProfileGrid.HideColumn(11);
ProfileGrid.HideColumn(12);
ProfileGrid.HideColumn(13);
ProfileGrid.HideColumn(14);
ProfileGrid.HideColumn(15);

ProfileGrid.ColWidths[0]:= 0;
ProfileGrid.ColWidths[1]:= 234;
ProfileGrid.ColWidths[2]:= 40;
end;
Tried the hide columns with a list technique but it failed to work as per the help files. Checked the update history but didn't see anything that indicated an issue/fix.

Roger B

Any news on this, has anyone else seen this issue or is it a Delphi XE problem or is there something else I should have done to correct this?

All help appreciated

Roger B

With just the code snippet you provide, I can't reproduce any problem.
Did you try this with a default grid and if so, inform at least what's different from a default grid in your app and preferably send some sample source project with which we can reproduce the problem.