VCL FNC CHAT

Good morning,
due to the needs of a client I had to customize the panel that allows to write and send the message so I had to hide your embedded panel by putting:

• chat.Appearance.MaxEntryBoxHeight := 0
  • chat.Appearance.MinEntryBoxHeight := 0

I'm talking about this panel at the bottom of the chat area

However, this creates a problem for me because your memo becomes invisible and inacessible and, with this hidden, when if I click in the chat area I get a Cannot Focus

In order not to have this message I went to edit your sources in the VCL.TMSFNCChat unit by going to commetate FMemo.Setfocus

procedure TTMSFNCCustomChat.DoEnter;
begin
 inherited;
 if Assigned(FMemo) then
 begin
   {$IFDEF FMXLIB}
   TThread.CreateAnonymousThread(
     procedure
     begin
       TThread.Synchronize( nil,
       procedure
       begin
     {$ENDIF}
         // FMemo.SetFocus;
     {$IFDEF FMXLIB}
       end);
     end).Start;
   {$ENDIF}
 end;
end;

I have to make this change every time I need to upgrade your components to the new version and recompile the sources by hand.

Couldn't you add the possibility to make the panel visible / invisible and manage you in the sources this situation ?

thanks.
Alberto

Hi,

This is rather a bug as it should not happen. We've applied a fix that will become available with the next update.

However we don't fully understand the first part. Why are you setting both MaxEntryBoxHeight and MinEntryBoxHeight instead of using TTMSFNCChat.ShowMessageField?

a fix that will become available with the next update.

thanks !

using TTMSFNCChat.ShowMessageField ?

Simply because I didn't see that property
I came across the EntryBox properties and was looking for the visible property or something like that for EntryBox
Now that you have pointed it out to me I will use that.

Thanks for support me.
Alberto