Using Web3

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience they wish to share on using Web3 from within Web Core?

I want to allow the minting of collectibles.

Thanks in advance.

Ken

What exactly do you understand under "web3"?

Not exactly sure what you are asking but basically decentralized blockchain.

There are at this moment no built-in classes or components to use this, but JavaScript APIs can of course be used for it from TMS WEB Core.

Understand and I'm doing that already.

I'm working on a similar thing. Have you already implemented any DeFi API, be it JS or REST or something else?

Hi Walter,

Not yet. I am having trouble doing the most simple things such as adding images from a database using ipfs-js and others. I have achieved it the long winded way using npm, node, abi, pinata, etc. but I would like to be able to use just javascript.

Regards,

Ken

Yes, I can feel the pain, in particular when comig from Delphi.

I feel it must be doable but finding examples seems to be impossible.

Further to this, if anyone is interested, I can now compile and create an ERC1155 contract all within a Web Core project so pretty pleased with progress!

3 Likes

that would be nice to see

It is mainly in javascript using solc-js in the browser, the compiler of which I have downloaded and saved. The collection of images is first saved to IPFS. I am using the OpenZeppelin ERC1155 contract which I have had to amalgamate into just one file because of limitations in processing javascript imports in the solc compiler. I can't tell you how long it took to achieve this. There is a lot of information on the www but so much of it is wrong or has since been changed.

The next step is to deploy/mint the contract which I am hoping will be a lot easier.

If you want to see the web app so far it is at https://smarty.karmobile.net