Upgrading to 10.4.1 FMX WebGmaps on android not working

Hello,
I have upgraded a android project from delphi 10.3 to delphi 10.4.1. It is a android application that uses TMSFMXWebGMapsGeocoding to encode an adress to coordinates.
It used to work fine in 10.3 but in 10.4.1. it has stopped working.
Every adress gives the erOtherProblem when in try TMSFMXWebGMapsGeocoding1.LaunchGeocoding.

The Api key is correct, I use the same Api key in VCLWebGMaps and that works oke.

Gert Hoogeboom

Hi,

Please note that Delphi 10.4 increases the default Android SDK version to 29 which can cause incompatibilities in TMS FMX WebGMaps.
As a workaround can you try manually changing the target Android SDK version by making a change in the AndroidManifest.template.xml file in your project?

<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="%minSdkVersion%" android:targetSdkVersion="%targetSdkVersion%" />

To:

<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="%minSdkVersion%" android:targetSdkVersion="27" />

Alternatively you can also try using TMS FNC Maps instead:

Hello Bart,

Changing the targetSDKVersion does not work.

Is there any other way to fix this ?

Gert

Hello Gert,

Can you please provide the version of Android you are using so we can further investigate this issue?

Hello Bart,
Samsung telephone
Android version 10
Kernelversion 4.4.177-19176371
Buildnumber QP1A.190711.020.G398FNXXS8BTJI

Gert

Hello Gert,

1. Unfortunately due to external circumstances (i.e FMX framework changes + Android API changes) we are unable to guarantee TMS FMX WebGMaps compatibility with recent FMX/Android versions.

2. An alternative solution is already available to use in the form of TMS FNC Maps. This product is fully compatible with the latest FMX/Android versions.

3. In this case we can exceptionally offer you a 50% discount on the purchase of a TMS FNC Maps license. TMS FNC Maps has replaced TMS FMX WebGMaps and offers the same functionality along with extra possibilities and a future-proof architecture.

Hello Bart,

I missed this post

This is oke.

Wil you support FMX for the coming years ?

What wil it cost if we move to FNC completely ?

Met vriendelijke groet.

Gert Hoogeboom

Hello Gert,

Yes, we are commited to provide support for FMX, VCL, WEB and LCL through our range of FNC products for the coming years.

Please contact sales@tmssoftware.com for the best possible offer regarding pricing based on your previous purchases.