Twebdbgrid row auto height

I have a pop up form in my application and a webdbgrid on it. The grid stretches the row height to show the data if the width of the column is not big enough. However if I use the grid with the same options on my main form it is not stretching the row height and the data shows up as a longs string overlapping with other columns on the grid. Is this a bug or I am missing something?

It is not clear how you get one column overlap another column.
We cannot see that behavior here. Perhaps there is some CSS interfering?

I just tested again and found that it happens when you place the grid inside another control. WebPageControl in my case.
When I put in directly on the form it works fine.
Regarding the CSS : i have a css from you to fix some WebDGGrid issues( post: Unexpected look WebDbGrid)

I am on v1.5.6.0

Can that be the reason :
/*
We saw the issue. We'll fix this.
Workaround, add following CSS:

<style type="text/css" id="WebStringGrid1_style">table td { overflow: hidden; text-overflow: ellipsis; white-space:nowrap; border: solid 1px #cccccc; padding: 0px;font-family:Arial;font-style: normal;font-size:8pt;} table td.selected { background-color: #5B8FFF; color: #FFFFFF; } table tr.selected { background-color: #5B8FFF; color: #FFFFFF; } </style>

*/

That could be a possible reason.
I would suggest to do a test with the 1.6 beta that should be available if you have an active license.