TTMSFMXHTMLText and AutoSize Behavior

Greetings,

I am trying to use an HTMLText control to display text in multiple locations. Wordwrap is essential, and I am attempting to use the AutoSize property as well, but I am finding that the autosize adjusts the width as well as the height, and doesn't always get it right.

So if you put the control in a TLayout or a TVertScrollBox, and set it to Align=Top, it actually will not resize as the form and parent control are stretched wider. If you attempt to set the width on the control in the OnResize event, it looks a little better, but still doesn't fully fit the space.

Side note, if you are not aware, a straight TLabel will do wordwrap and autosize, but there is a known bug in the FMX implementation of the TLabel where both wordwrap and autosize do not work at the moment, but it is fine in the VCL for at least Delphi 10 Seattle. I would rather use the TMS version and add formatting as well.

Anyway, it would seem that AutoSize should be adjusting the height and not the width when wordwrap is turned on. Especially when the Align is set to Top. Is there a way to get the control to behave this way at present?

Thanks,
Scott

Hi, 

We have tested this here but are not able to reproduce this.
Can you provide a sample that demonstrates in which specific circumstances the issue is reproducible?

Greetings,

I created a small sample that fails to autosize correctly a high percentage of the time when you repeatedly press on the test buttons to randomly assign text to the labels. I have uploaded a zip file and also included some screenshots in the zip file of failures. I would love to see a fix for this.

http://onlinesolutions.com/uploads/SLynn_LabelAndHTMLAutoSize.zip
This was created on a Windows machine with Delphi Seattle.
Thanks,
Scott Lynn

Hi, 

We have investigated this here and have applied a fix for this issue.
The next version will address this.

Thank you. Great to hear. I appreciate your efforts.

- Scott