TMSFNCMemo and UTF-8 problem

The fncmemo component has a problem with UTF-8 support when text is loaded from a file, or pasted from the clipboard, or added directly from code, eg.

TMSFNCMemo1.Lines.LoadFromFile('d:\test_fncmemo.txt');
  TMSFNCMemo1.Lines.Add('Add from code: łążźćó сегодня');
  TMSFNCMemo1.Lines.Add('Paste from clipboard: ');
  TMSFNCMemo1.Lines.Add('Type: ');   

I test on lazarus. but I noticed the same problem in "REST Insight"
test_fncmemo.txt (69 bajtów)

Hi, we have fixed this in the newest release. You will have to specify in the LoadFromFilet to use UTF-8.

TMSFNCMemo1.Lines.LoadFromFile('d:\test_fncmemo.txt', TEncoding.UTF8);

I tried, nothing changes

I installed version 5.0.1.1 - unfortunately it does not solve the problem:
obraz

Are you sure you are using the latest version? Can you clean/rebuild and perhaps check the version history inside FMX.TMSFNCMemo.pas file?

I checked the FNCUIPack version and it is definitely 5.0.1.1 - this is evident from the files: TMSProductInfo.pas and TMSFNCUIPack.txt.
The file *TMSFNCMemo.pas has not been changed, the modification is only in the file *TMSFNCMemoConsts.pas with the date 2023-03-23 14:52.

Every time I update components I do Clean all and rebuild in Lazarus, so I don't use *DE packages because they are problematic every time I rebuild Lazarus.

We’ll investigate this here asap, thanks for the additional info

In RESTInsight also the fix did not solve the problem, I checked in x86 and x86_64 versions
obraz
obraz

I also noticed that RESTInsight has a problem with domains on IPv6, eg. https://brudnopis.ovh/sample.json

Hi, we have fixed the issues with encoding in Lazarus and are currently rebuilding a new version of the TMS FNC UI Pack. The RESTInsight is also currently being investigated by my colleague and we'll let you know if the issue is solved there as well.

The encoding issues has been fixed in the new version of REST Insight v1.0.0.1.
You can use the download link that you received in your inbox to download the app again.

We will further check the issue with domains on IPv6.

I confirm, utf8 in REST Insight is already ok.
I am still waiting for TMSFNCMemo

We are currently finalizing everything and will start the build soon. So the update of TMS FNC UI Pack should be released later today.

With regards to the REST Insight issue, this doesn't seem to be a problem with IPv6. It seems that your server is blocking browsers from retrieving information.
You can bypass this, by setting the User-Agent in the headers.

With regards to the REST Insight issue, this doesn't seem to be a problem with IPv6. It seems that your server is blocking browsers from retrieving information.
You can bypass this, by setting the User-Agent in the headers.

actually the error caused lack of useragent in the header. Thank you very much for your help.

1 Like

I downloaded the latest version and the problem is partially solved - load from a file and add from the code is ok, but paste from clipboard does not work properly.

We fixed the remaining issues and will release an update later this week. Thanks for reporting!

I installed version 5.1.0.3 and it is already ok - thank you very much.
Have a nice weekend

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.