TMSFMXTableView enter item-edit

Hi folks, I'm using this on iOS 10.3.2. Is it possible to configure my table view such that a long press will enter into an item-edit mode where the text/details for a single item can be changed?  Sorry new to this control (and pretty new to FMX/IOS) and am trying to see if this will meet my needs. Thanks in advance!

Hi, 

You can configure gestures using the TGestureManager assigned to the Touch.GestureManager property of the control. Whenever a Long-Tap gesture is detected (via the OnGesture event of the control) you can then go into edit mode by calling TMSFMXTableView1.EditMode;

Thank you Pieter for your answer. The control seems to do exactly what I'd like. I do have another related question though.

I was looking for any kind of event that would indicate when the in-place editing of a table-view item started or completed so I could validate the Caption and Description. I do not see one.  The perfect place to add events for this would seem to be the UpdateItemInplaceEdit procedure in FMX.TMSTableView.pas.   I saw that GetInPlaceEdit() returns a pointer to a TTMSFMXSearchEdit class, which I could grab somewhere and latch onto TEdit events, but as far as I can tell, there is no way of knowing when the editmode for an Item is toggled.

So basically I either have to modify the TTMSFMXTableView class to add at least events for when edit mode for an item is entered/exited, or derive from TTMSFMXTableView and override InPlaceEditExit to call an event which is added.

Am I going about this the wrong way? Thanks!

This is a good suggestion to add events for further customization of inplace editing. We'll investigate this here as soon as possible.