TMS Scripter / Web Core

Hi,

Just curious if there has been any discussion about a possibility of a Web Core based TMS Scripter. This would be KILLER :) 

Thanks,

Rhett Price
IndySoft

Hi Rhett,

We didn't investigate it yet, for two reasons:

1. TMS Scripter deals with a lot of low level stuff, direct memory access, etc., that would be hard to port to the Web/Javascript environment.

2. I don't see a strong use case for it. In a Single Page Application scenario like the one created by TMS Web Core, scripts are usually run server-side. Do you have any use case where user would want to both write and run a script for client-side?

Wagner

Hi Wagner,

I guess I was thinking about this different than server side. Specifically I need something an end user can build their own custom Dialogs with and execute Logic in said dialog - but have it be web based. This is what I use TMS Scripter for now. Basically have them build a 1 page app with something like this test app you guys did back in 2018 : http://www.tmssoftware.biz/tmsweb/demos/ComponentExplorer 

If we could have this same functionality demonstrated here, but allow for scripting to be done in JavaScript with Object Events, this would be awesome. Our customers would have the flexibility of designing their own small projects and executing them client side.

Thanks,

Rhett

You mean a form designer, then. That's something to be considered, indeed. But probably not under the "TMS Scripter" product 'brand', but a new one, as this is mostly html designing.

Gotcha, yes a Form Designer with the ability to embed JavaScript into events and reference objects would be amazing.

Thanks,

Rhett

Some research in this area was already done but at this moment not yet something that is sufficiently finalized to integrate it into a product.