TMS Aurelius Computed field

Good morning, I'm using latest registered Aurelius/DataModeler version. I am defining a Computed field (name : FullName ; Expression = CONCAT(Firstname,' ',LastName) ) but I can no longer compile my project because I get 'Mapping Error : Unsupported type Variant declared in member TContacts.FFullName, plus I cannot find anywhere the expression in the class file created by the dataModeler application. I'm surely missing something, could someone give me an hint?
Thank you very much all

Hi, is this a database computed field or a computed field on your Aurelius class? Can you show the class definition/mapping?

1 Like

Hi Farias, I'm not sure what you mean with "is this a database computed field or a computed field "; I would expect by defining it into Datamodeler, the field itself would be build on the real db once the new structure is compared with the underlying database. Please advise me if I'm wrong.
The data modeler definition should be as follows:
https://puu.sh/H1COb/1a2b7fea33.png
and the property definition among the class is
[Column('FullName', [TColumnProp.NoInsert, TColumnProp.NoUpdate])]
[Description('')]

Thank you for you support
Augusto
FFullName: Nullable;

1 Like

Data Modeler can't automatically determine the type of the computed field, thus is creates the Aurelius field/property as Variant, which is not supported by Aurelius.
You will have to manually tweak those situations, unfortunately, TMS Data Modeler can't handle it automatically.
One thing you can do is use customization scripts to make Data Modeler to automatically tweak the code everything you regenerated Aurelius classes.

1 Like

Thank you Wagner for your tips
Augusto

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.