TAdvWebBrowser & WebView2Loader_x86.dl

Delphi 10.2 TAdvWebBrowser 1.1.4.4

Simple App compiles properly (Win32 target), but when executing, it says "Could not initialize Edge Chromium! Please check if WebView2Loader_x86.dll ist correctly distributed and accessible."

We have installed the runtimes downloaded from this link: (Webview2 - Microsoft Edge Developer). But the application still continues to request the dll.
The dll is not present in the system.

The DLLs are present in the installation folder. You need to copy them to the System32 & SysWow64 folders. More info can be found here:

https://www.tmssoftware.com/site/edgechromium.asp

1 Like

I got the same message after an update of my app. I updated the DLL to version 1.0.1549.0 and the Edge Browsers version are 117.0.2045.60. My TMS components are always actual and updated!

Did you copy the DLLs from the installation folder in the proper System32 & SysWow64 folder? Note that SysWow64 is the 32 bit folder on a 64 bit operating system.

I copy the file to my EXE folder, but for test i also copy it to the SysWow64 folder. Same message at startup. My program are 32bit, should i copy the WebView2Loader_x64 also to the System32 folder? In the past it was not nessesary.

That should not be required. Did you install the runtime?

Nope.. ;-) after installing, the message are gone. Thanks.

But some users should ignore this message. It is possible to disable them when the runtime are not installed on there local PC?

Yes, you can use

implementation

{$R *.dfm}

uses
  AdvWebBrowser.Win;

initialization
  EdgeSilentErrors := True;

thanks a lot :-)

1 Like