TAdvMenuStyling

Hello,

I need to reproduce the menu styling shown in the first screenshot of https://www.qppstudio.net/webhelp_xv4/quarkxpress-tools-utilities.htm but I cannot find a way to get a) flat sides (where the icons are and b) the goden highlight.

I tried using preset styels, and then the menu styler and the demo, but I am lost in all the options.

so, same as in the above link, but no 3-D grey gradient on the left.

Very best regards,

Olivier

Basically, the same as tsWindows10 but with the color of the selected item golden.

Using the TAdvMenuStyler, you can adapt the colors of all parts of the menu. Please have a look at  the TAdvMainMenu demo that has other than the Office styles also other styles that show its flexibility.

It is under Demos in the subfolder AdvMenus

As mentioned, I did spend a couple of hours using the demo project, but could not get the effect I wanted. Whatever settings I used, I could never get the selected item color to be "golden". And the only way to get rid of the Windows 7 3-d rounded bar on the left was to use one of the pre-sets. But these seem to preclude any other settings (ie. all other settings seem to be ignored).

I tested this here with the demo by setting the AdvOfficeMenuStyler.Style = tsCustom,  removing the code from the FormCreate event and set AdvOfficeMenuStyler.SelectedItem.Color to clYellow.

Thank you very much.

I never looked in the FormCreate code.
I'll give it a try.
How do I make the left part of the menu flat (no gradient) ?

You can set this with

AdvMenuOfficeStyler.IconBar.Color
AdvMenuOfficeStyler.IconBar.ColorTo

Thank you :-)