I thought I'd give TAdvMemo another try after reporting a lot of bugs and I hoped they would be fixed by now but unfortunately not.
And when I click on the link with "F30" in it, it tries to take me to:
By the way, here is the text contained in the TAdvMemo:
Good morning Albert,
reading your post i tried to made some test.
So i open Delphi 10.2 and, later, 10.3.1, new project, insert in a new form and only one tadvmemo with default setting.
I made 3 test, after inserting your above text, and the result are:
1 - With no wordwrap the text is handled in a rigth way, all link work in a rigth way
2 - With wordwrap setted to rigth margin, as default 80, the text is handled in a rigth way, the links don't work as expected in details
A) https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-TECHS/H45 it's does not work because when you click on it the link show in chrome is https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-TECHS/H45displayed
B) https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-TECHS/F30 does not work because the link advmemo pass to browser is
(thake also the second link)
C) https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-TECHS/H67 does not work beacuse the browser try to open https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-TECHS/H67displayed
D) https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-TECHS/H45 as above, the link passed is
Ther's the word "displayed" that caming from somewhere (not from the clipboard) that broke the component job. Also if there are 2 link close, the component see only one that is the link1 + link2.
3 - With wordwrap setted to client margin, dependig to component width, in this case i got all the errors you described and the links passed to browser are very dirthy, all are broken.
This is a serious problem.
So how to solve the problem?
This is a "non elegant" solution but one is better then zero.
Temporary, and if it's a non massive form rearrange, set the wordwrap to wwnone, increase advmemo width in order to see the maximum text and let the customer scroll the text with the bar. Becuse this is the only way the links work.
As told befor, it's not a good solution you expected, but till the team does not fix the issue i don't see any other solution.
Also, i hope gave to team a good way to fix the problems.
Have a good Easter
This must be related to wordwrap and we will reopen this case.
Has this been fixed yet? I have a new release coming up and I'd like to give it another try.
We will reopen this case. We have been overwhelmed lately with work which caused a delay on some thing.
We can confirm this issue was traced & solved.
The next TMS VCL UI Pack release will have this fix.
I'm testing out the component again and it does look like it will be usable (so far) but I did run into a bug where a link still wasn't highlighted and linked properly (and didn't work when I clicked on it).
Sadly I found another bug.
We have investigated & improved this. We have sent an incremental source update by email.
I am happy to report that TAdvMemo is not bug free enough that it is usable.
Take these two lines:
Hmmmm... I don't see any option to edit my messages.
Screenshot in case it is helpful:
We traced & solved the issue. The next update will address this.