Hi,

I'm using TAdvMemo 2.3.1.0 and I've found that the Tabs are not handled
correctly.

With TabStop = true, TabSize = 4 and SmartTabs = false, every time I
press TAB key the cursor is just incremented by 4 and not moving to the
right Tab Stop.

Regards,

Andrea Taglietti

I made a more in deep look at the AdvMemo.pas source and the Tab character handling is completely broken everywhere, either in editing or in loading.
I've fixed the TAdvCustomMemo.InsertChar and TAdvMemoStrings.Add. The check for Tab character in TAdvMemoStrings.LoadFromStream and  TAdvMemoStrings.LoadFromFile is completely useless since the tab character has already been replaced by the TAdvMemoStrings.Add. during the loading of the file.
There are other places where the tab char is simply replaced by TabSize # of spaces.

Regards,

Andrea Taglietti

If you do not want that TAdvMemo processes the tab key, set AdvMemo.WantTab = false

Hi Bruno,
The WantTab property has nothing to do with the Tab chars handling during the LoadFromFile process. If you load a document with Tab chars it will be completely unaligned.

Regards,

Andrea Taglietti

Your first post doesn't mention LoadFromFile() anywhere.

Yes, but my second does.. ;)

Regards,

Andrea

Hi Bruno,

I agree with Taglietti Andrea ... and after so many years TAdvMemo still does not support the concept of "keep Tab characters"

TAdvMemo always converts Tab characters to spaces. Surely this can be fixed by adding a property to TAdvMemo "Convert tab characters to spaces"?

Regards
Mike

We have increased the priority on the feature request list.