Start adding more cloud services since CData dumped FireDac?

I recently contacted CData about an issue with their JIRA component I found.

While I got a solution, I also got this in the email...

"On a side note, I would like to notify you that we have discontinued our FireDAC Components going forward. This means that we will no longer release new major versions of this edition and that support for new versions of Delphi, such as Delphi 12, will not be added.

We will continue to support all existing customers with updated v23 builds and all existing components will remain supported until June 2024, however no additional versions/features will be added.

As a consequence, we suggest our new customers (and eventually existing customers) migrate to the ODBC edition, which is compatible with the Delphi environment as it works seamlessly with RAD Studio (including Delphi 12 Athens, as long as ODBC compatibility is maintained there)."

Their price for "3 desktop Jira ODBC" is $1500.... yah... Not gonna happen.
Rather put that kinda $$ towards TMS to invest in.

But anyways, it would be nice to see TMS start adding more cloud, such as JIRA in my case :slight_smile:

Not sure if many know about CData dumping FireDac support so if not, better start looking for replacement solutions.

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion.
We'll investigate the possibility of adding support for JIRA in a future version of TMS FNC Cloud Pack.