Selection and highlighting colors behave strange in TAdvRichEditor

Dear all at TMS

I have to ask for help having two strange issues with TAdvRichEditor.
I use RAD Studio Delphi 11.1 Version 28.0.44500.8973 and TMS VCL UI Pack 10.7.4.1.

Highlighting colors

This the code to highlight the string “olefins” in advRE (TAdvRichEditor):
advRE.HighlightColor := clBlue;
advRE.HighlightTextColor := clWhite;
advRE.Highlight('olefins');

Instead of using the colors set as above (or having changed these colors in the object inspector) the highlighted colors are yellow for the background and black for the text:

The colors shown with this code
showmessage('HighlightColor: ' + ColorToString(advRE.HighlightColor) + #13#10 +
'HighlightTextColor: ' + ColorToString(advRE.HighlightTextColor) );
are those which have been set.

Only the components shown in the screenshot are used in a newly set-up project.

WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND?

Selection colors

In the newly set-up project from above I can set the selection colors (background an text), and things works fine.

But in another big project there is NO EFFECT when changing SelectionColor and SelectionTextColor in the object inspector. The colors remain as default colors, which are clBlue for the background and clWhite for the text color.

But this the displayed result: always the blue / black (?!?!?) result.

SlectionColor1

Changes of the colors in the object inspector are without effect.

SlectionColor3

The above settings once again lead to the blue / black combinations as above, but surprisingly show these clHighlight / clBlack as used colors (?!?!?!?):

I cannot explain this behavior. As the selections colors work fine with a “naked” project, I deleted the TAdvRichEditor component in the other (more complex) project and added a new component. Unfortunately with no effect.

I know this is strange. BUT DO YOU NEVERTHELESS HAVE AN IDEA, HOW I CAN CIRCUMVENT THIS ISSUE?

Greetings from Münster and
Thank you very much for an advice!

We fixed the issue with highlight colors.
We could not see the issue with selection colors. Could you isolate this and send a test project with which we can reproduce this?