Importing HTML template into Web Core VSC

I have created a test project for importing a template. I followed the steps in Jose Leon's recent videos and the template does appear in the main form in the designer in visual studio code. I can make modifications to the html file for the main form and the changes appear.

However, when I run the application it is not appearing properly. The form flashes for a 2nd, with improper formatting, and then a blank screen appears with an animation as if it's loading.

Are there limitations with regards to what the template can contain? It is just a random free template I downloaded. It uses some bootstrap and jquery. I could send over the template if it would help.

Hello, sorry for replying so late :frowning:

Usually this happens because you are not adding your template to the project, that is, it's properly placed in the project's folder because you can see it at design time, but when you run the app is not shown.

This video shows the whole process of adding the template to the project: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEJz7P1yqso

Regards

Hi Jose Leon,
First of all I'm impressed by your work!

I have a question regarding using an existing template.
When the imported template is build and rendered the index.html shows an inline style with the body tag.
The body tag has always(!) a generated font-family of Arial. The template I'm using has defined the body tag in css with another default font and that's why the website shows a completely different font because everything is inherited from the body font. Of course I can define a sort of Div tag in it (as in the Windows version I believe with 'appcontent') and style that but still... (In design time it look Ok because it's another html and body). Btw, the video's you made are great!

Can you try to set Form.ElementFont = efCSS?

That did the trick Bruno! In this case it was RTFM... On page 72 it is explained very clear!
Bedankt Bruno!