DBPlanner.Footer.CompletionType

Hello

When DBPlanner.Footer.CompletionType := ctActiveTime, is there a mechanism exclude the time encompassed by background items when calculating the percent of time utilized. An example would be the use of background items to display lunch time as shown in the pdf. The attached image illustrates this. It would be nice to look at the column 3 - 6 footers and see a zero percent utilization.

Since there are likely scenarios where a background image would represent something other than a presumptive inactive time like lunch, an item dependent variable linked to the property item.background would be useful to enable/disable time calculation inclusion for the specified background item.

TIA

John

The planner does not make a difference between background & non-background items for completion calculation. We'd need to extend the component to make the component take this in account and not calculation background items as completed time.

We added a property Planner.Footer.CompletionItems to select what items to count for completion calculation.

Hello

I have installed VCL complete version 8.0.9.0 and the property Planner.Footer.CompletionItems is not present. When do you anticipate the new build to include the property?

From a functional standpoint exactly how will this property work. Will there be choices for

1) non-background items, 2) active items 3) both non-background and active items?

I do appreciate your efforts. One of the great things about TMS is their responsiveness to customers.

TIA

John

Do you see both at runtime & designtime that the Planner version is v3.3.8.0?
I double-checked, and this version v3.3.8.0 does have the property Planner.Footer.CompletionItems.
This can be set to ciAll (background + normal items) or ciNormal (normal items only)

Hello

I installed TMS Component pack version 8.0.9.0 via the TMS Subscription manager.

The planner version at design time is 3.4.2.0 and the planner version at run time is 3.4.3.0

I do not have a way to attach an image in the forum, but the code completion displays the following list with DBPlanner1.Footer.C entered:

Create

CompletionValue

Captions

CompletionFormat

CompletionType

Color

ColorTo

Completion

CustomCompletionValue

CleanupInstance

ClassType

Classname

ClassNameIs

ClassParent

ClassInfo

Suggestions?

John

TDBPlanner latest version is v3.4.3.0, TPlanner latest version is v3.3.8.0

If you see a different version at design-time, this means your IDE still loads an old TMSDX*.BPL file. Search your full hard disk for such old .BPL files and remove these. Make sure the IDE only loads the latest version TMS*.BPL files.

Hello

I uninstalled the component pack, removed all TMS*.bpl files and then reinstalled the TMS component pack version 8.0.9.0 from the TMS subscription manager.

The DBPlanner component is version 3.4.3 and the Planner component is version 3.3.7.2. Neither component contains the Footer.CompletionItems property.

Interestingly, the 8.0.9.0 release date for the component pack was Jan 5, 2016 and your posting regarding the addition of the Footer.CompletionItems property to DBPlanner and Planner components was on Jan 7, 2016. My suspicion is that the property will show up in the next release of the VCL components pack which (according to the web site) in Jan 19, 2016.

Thanks

John

The next TMS Component Pack release, planned on Jan 19, will included this new Planner.Footer.CompletionItems property.