Build error installing Aurelius - never-build package 'dbrtl' must be recompiled

Please help - build log attached!

install_2023_03_11.log (160.0 KB)

I can only conclude that your Delphi installation is broken. It looks like there is an issue with the Linux platform.

Try to reinstall or repair your Delphi installation, especially the Linux platform. Try to create an empty package, add the dbrtl to the requires clause of such package, and try to compile it from the IDE.

Thanks Wagner,

I uninstalled RADStudio, then reinstalled it. Re-added SDKs and tried again. Same thing. Guess I won't be developing for Linux!

I'm sorry I didn't mention previously that I'm working with RAD Studio 11.3 on Windows 10. Linux is Debian 11.6. Was working okay with Debian 11.5 previously.

Regards and thanks anyway,
Pat

1 Like

i found the same problem with this. Delphi 11.3 and Linux Ubuntu. Previously Delphi 11.2 did not have this problem.

Have you tried this?

did you mean like this?

Yes. I you sure it's the same problem? Can you send the installation log file so we inspect it?

install_2023_05_16.log (241.5 KB)

Can you please try to:

1. Build the aurelius.dproj package from the Delphi IDE
  2. Repair your Delphi installation for Linux

Someone else on the forum suggested to remove RAD Studio, then clean the system entirely by removing everything relating to RAD Studio from public documents, local user documents as well as the main installation path (C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0).

Once I had done all this and reinstalled RAD Studio, the BIZ suite installed perfectly! So Wagner's initial suggestion was right!

1 Like