Bug in Latest TMSComponent Pack

Hi,

I have upgraded from TMSComponent Pack version 5.8.1.0 to 6.0.1.0 and now the follow exception is thrown when I try running my application.

First chance exception at $7C812AFB. Exception class EInvalidOperation with message 'Control '' has no parent window'. Process TPOS.exe (5532)

It seems to be happening with one of the TMS Non-Visual Components thats present in my applications Datamodule.

I have the following non visual components in my datamodule:
AdvPanelStyler
AdvOfficePagerStyler
AdvToolbarOfficeStyler
AdvPreviewMenuOfficeStyler
AdvAppStyler
AdvFormStyler
AdvMenuOfficeStyler
AdvOfficePagerOfficeStyler
AdvOfficeStatubatOfficeStyler

If I revert back to 5.8.1.0 then there is no problem, but i owuld like to use some of the new components available to us in the latest version.

Regards
Marius

Hi,

Can I please have confirmation of this issue, as when rolling back I have to open up in excess of 640 forms to make sure my Clients will not get an exception when I deploy the new release of my Retail Management Solution.

Example of the exceptions: Error reading aoPager.ButtonSettings.InsertButtonHint: Property InsertButtonHint does not exist.

Regards
Marius

Hi,

As this would be something I think that would be very difficult to reproduce at TMS, I would be willing to allow someone from TMS to remote into my development box (TeamViewer 6) to have a look at this issue, if this would be helpful.

Regards
Marius

This problem can't be reproduced by just dropping these styler components on a datamodule, so there must be more detail to reproduce the problem.

Hi Bruno,

I expected that you will not be able to reproduce the problem.  I can also not produce a cut down version of the project, its just way to big to even try attempt doing something like that.

The fact is there is a problem, as I said if I revert back to the previous version I had installed of TMS then the problem is not presenting itself.

The best I can do is to allow one of your developers to get access to my box and see if they can see something that jumps out to them.  I'm 100% willing to let one of your people remote into my box, if that will assist in determining what the cause might be.  I am a long standing customer and you will have my email on your records.  If you want someone to remote into my box please send me an email an we can arrange for a Team Viewer session.  I am in the GMT +2 time zone.

Regards
Marius